Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back online..

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    It's probably because every picture on their website is a render and not a real image. Still, I have the same problem with electric boats that I have with electric trucks: How do I use it to go to Lake Powell? I'm not able to find a charge point for the truck and the boat would have to stay near the marina, since I wouldn't want to try to charge it off a houseboat generator. It just doesn't make any sense for me. Maybe it does if you have a lake house with a boat house with a high voltage connection, but it probably won't ever work for me unless they somehow invent the Mr. Fusion.
    Unfortunately, Mr Fusion only eliminated the need for nuclear power. The DeLorean still ran on gas. That was the dilemma in the third movie when there was an arrow shot through the gas tank. Sorry, hate to burst your bubble.

Just wanted to give you a hard time. Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movie trilogies.

But to your actual point, I agree that the electric boat will be a hard sell to anyone that wants to spend a full day on the water or a longer trip where electric hook up for charging isn't readily available.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Man I’m glad the forum is back up. I was beginning to think I’d have to violate my conscience and join FB in order to get boat troubleshooting advice.

Glad to be able to talk with everyone here.

On the arc boat - those tracking fins seem way small for that boat. But as mentioned above it may just be notional.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Unfortunately, Mr Fusion only eliminated the need for nuclear power. The DeLorean still ran on gas. That was the dilemma in the third movie when there was an arrow shot through the gas tank. Sorry, hate to burst your bubble.

Just wanted to give you a hard time. Back to the Future is one of my all time favorite movie trilogies.

But to your actual point, I agree that the electric boat will be a hard sell to anyone that wants to spend a full day on the water or a longer trip where electric hook up for charging isn't readily available.
    The time circuits weren't nuclear. That baby was electric! They just needed the nuclear reaction to create the 1.21 gigawatts to power the time circuits. Just the engine for the car took gas. I can't figure out why Doc didn't replace the gas engine with Ford's crate electric motor from the Mach E when he was replacing the nuclear reactor with the Mr. Fusion and doing the hover conversion. Also, how did the gas engine power the car after the hover conversion. Further, wouldn't it have been wise to have put the car in hover mode as they approached the bridge in the 3rd movie? Lastly, if Doc Brown could build a nuclear reactor small enough to fit in the DeLorean motor compartment, why wouldn't he commercialize it in 1985. He could have been rich beyond belief!

Those motors and batteries had better get a lot more efficient, include solar everywhere, or something has to change! I hate spending $200 to fill up the boat ($350+ in the marina), but no way am I going to spend twice the money on an electric boat for an hour of use. Seems like it will be limited to a lake rental fleet.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    The time circuits weren't nuclear. That baby was electric! They just needed the nuclear reaction to create the 1.21 gigawatts to power the time circuits. Just the engine for the car took gas. I can't figure out why Doc didn't replace the gas engine with Ford's crate electric motor from the Mach E when he was replacing the nuclear reactor with the Mr. Fusion and doing the hover conversion. Also, how did the gas engine power the car after the hover conversion. Further, wouldn't it have been wise to have put the car in hover mode as they approached the bridge in the 3rd movie? Lastly, if Doc Brown could build a nuclear reactor small enough to fit in the DeLorean motor compartment, why wouldn't he commercialize it in 1985. He could have been rich beyond belief!
    Ah, yes. Great points. As Marty would say; "What the hell is a gigawatt?"
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

No guys! It was a JIGAWATT! For the movie anyways... LOL! And I do love that movie.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

These conversations are why I missed this forum so much!! Dont…. Ever…. Leave…. Me…. Again….
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Hopefully new members will actually be able to join and post. That was a big headache for a long time...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...