Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat Shows 2024

Even with the "great" discounts on left over boats I struggle to spend this kind of money on a boat that isn't optioned as I'd like it. The local Tige dealer has a left over that I really like but it's missing a few options I want and has a few I'd prefer not to spend money on.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Even with the "great" discounts on left over boats I struggle to spend this kind of money on a boat that isn't optioned as I'd like it. The local Tige dealer has a left over that I really like but it's missing a few options I want and has a few I'd prefer not to spend money on.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Agreed, when you're spending that type of money, if it's not everything you want, and not a killer deal, I wouldn't buy either. Got really lucky with mine being a leftover 18, was totally optioned out as it was their boat show marquee boat for that year
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Weird to think about dealers still selling leftover 2023s, we are now getting into mid-March and the 2025s will be popping out of the molds in Aug - that is less than 6 months away. Dang what a big change a few years' makes.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Weird to think about dealers still selling leftover 2023s, we are now getting into mid-March and the 2025s will be popping out of the molds in Aug - that is less than 6 months away. Dang what a big change a few years' makes.
    Saturated market no doubt.

Some odd things going on in my opinion. Somewhat related.....

I just picked up a smoking deal on a 2023 F150 after looking to order a 2024.

Ford has yet to sell a 2024 F150 and we are in March and were building 2023's into late December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Saturated market no doubt.

Some odd things going on in my opinion. Somewhat related.....

I just picked up a smoking deal on a 2023 F150 after looking to order a 2024.

Ford has yet to sell a 2024 F150 and we are in March and were building 2023's into late December.

Very odd in the auto world. What motor did you go with?

I recall reading something about "quality checks" and delays on some of the trucks, but did not know what that actually means. I would assume there are still supply chain issues and recall viewing something on the news where the new trucks were just lined up outside. I'm sure any recalls are very costly once something gets out the door and needs to be recalled and fixed.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Boat Shows 2024

3.5 Eco max tow package.

I have only seen this delay happen on trucks once before and that was due to CAFE standards.

My gut says Ford banked on selling far more EV's to offset CAFE requirements and can't sell 2024's yet because of it.

2024 has a slight mid cycle enhancement (new grills, headlights and taillights basically)and I can't see one part in that update that is holding up selling them.

Also, Ford is heavily pushing the 3.5 power boost hybrid and I read that the 3.5 Eco was not available for order temporarily on 2024's. This adds to my CAFE theory.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-11-2024 at 01:17 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Boat Shows 2024

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I tried to explain that to the tige sales guy.
    I said this boat is 2 years old, they are going to stop making parts for it soon.
    He said how so, we are in March of 24.
    I said exactly, q1 is over, and you received that boat in aug of 22, 25s will be here in a mere matter of months.
    Msrp was $218, marked down to $147.
    He said I’m cost plus 10, I said well it’s looking like cost minus 10.
    He said im not going to lose money, I said how do you figure you already are not having a 2 year old leftover.

Tough sale for the dealer. During their glory days, they had every boat sold. So when July and August came around, they did not have to sit on inventory. They waited for the new models.

Since the dealers are locked into taking boats, if they have slots for June and July and interest rates are still high, not a good sales position as the new models are rolling in and they have committed to those too.

Guess it also depends on how much the model changes. For example, if you have a leftover 2023 SE, that model was just redesigned. It would be tough to look at the 23 vs 24 with all the new features and soon to have 2025 updates (not sure how much will change, usually small stuff).

2018 Supra SL400

this is heading back to 2008-2010. lots of boats sat on the market for a long time and several dealers in my old stomping grounds went out of business.
    I don't envy anyone in a position that HAS to sell a post-2020 purchased boat. if I was in the market i'd sit until aug1. I see more deals around the corner. OI continues to creep up.

it's funny tho with the car market. I've been looking for an older sports car to replace the camaro I sold last august. looking in the 6-12 year old 20-25k market and most vehicles I have sourced are selling in a week or so if they are clean.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I was within a signature of trading my 2008 OBV in on a left over 2023 Craz. But then the dealer showed me a different price then what was on the boat tag and when I noticed that he told me the boat show deals had expired. Then when I started to walk out of the dealership he "called the factory" and reported back he could still get the discount but only if I could get my boat to him for inspection within 24 hours and I had to close on the new boat within 72 hours or the price would increase $5k. I didn't like the sales tactics so I left. That dealership has many 2023 models still in the showroom.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float