Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Boat Shows 2024

I'm not so sure it's a sales tactic, it's the end of boat show season and the discount is likely to really expire. I dragged my feet last year and lost out on the boat show discount. There was a lull, I stayed engaged and another discount came around. It's an odd year where dealers will be sitting on inventory but my guess is it's better to trade today than in a few months where their could be even more inventory.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I told the guy it sounds like the factory is hard to deal with. Which makes the dealer's job difficult and I'm not surprised this particular one has a lot of 2023 models sitting around. But I didn't like that he tried to show me a number that was $5K higher than what was shown on the boat and hoped I wouldn't notice. I have had an entirely different experience at the Malibu delear (who also has many 2023 leftovers).
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Floor plan is going to start impacting dealers heavily. They'll start blowing out boats soon. Especially when the 25s drop and they're still sitting on 23s.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Floor plan is going to start impacting dealers heavily. They'll start blowing out boats soon. Especially when the 25s drop and they're still sitting on 23s.
    this.
    I would bet money there's still the same margins in the boats just at a higher price. moomba's historically have not had large discounts but I'd be surprised to not see supra discounting heavily in the next few months.
    keeping in mind that 23's and soon 24's can be sold as "leftovers" and at that point territories don't apply anymore for most boat lines. worth some time to shop other dealers and transport. saved me over 15k from the price I was quoted at my closest tige dealer on my last new boat purchasing from a dealer 1500 miles away and paying for transport. I can put up with a lot of crap/waiting from the service side for that kind of savings.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

SandM, it'll also affect used boats, already seeing smoking deals unheard of the last few years. Cash buyers are king! Or those that don't care about the rate.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    this.
    I would bet money there's still the same margins in the boats just at a higher price. moomba's historically have not had large discounts but I'd be surprised to not see supra discounting heavily in the next few months.
    keeping in mind that 23's and soon 24's can be sold as "leftovers" and at that point territories don't apply anymore for most boat lines. worth some time to shop other dealers and transport. saved me over 15k from the price I was quoted at my closest tige dealer on my last new boat purchasing from a dealer 1500 miles away and paying for transport. I can put up with a lot of crap/waiting from the service side for that kind of savings.
    Was told by my dealer that new leftover boats are still a territory thing, not sure when it changed, but it did. That's if the dealer "knowingly" sells.. but a leftover is easy to transfer to the purchasing dealer. Everyone wins
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Was told by my dealer that new leftover boats are still a territory thing, not sure when it changed, but it did. That's if the dealer "knowingly" sells.. but a leftover is easy to transfer to the purchasing dealer. Everyone wins
    might have changed and might be a dealer that is trying to keep business from leaving. also might be a brand thing.
    one thing I have learned over the years are that dealers, no matter the product, will sometimes say anything to keep or earn business. never hurts to call another dealer and ask and IF the market continues to soften, I wouldn't bet on that out of state saying sorry, go to your local.
    I'd pass on the transfer unless it's in writing that price is the same to transfer(sans shipping). bet it won't be.

might have changed and might be a dealer that is trying to keep business from leaving. also might be a brand thing.
    one thing I have learned over the years are that dealers, no matter the product, will sometimes say anything to keep or earn business. never hurts to call another dealer and ask and IF the market continues to soften, I wouldn't bet on that out of state saying sorry, go to your local.
    I'd pass on the transfer unless it's in writing that price is the same to transfer(sans shipping). bet it won't be.
    Came straight from the owner when I had a friend recently out of Atlanta inquiring about a leftover. But yes, always worth checking other dealers as I'm sure some don't care.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

might be your proximity to ground zero. I'd be lying if I wasn't a little envious of your location being so close to skiers and 'bu. I'd love a factory tour and rick/drew would have a hard time kicking me out....

might be your proximity to ground zero. I'd be lying if I wasn't a little envious of your location being so close to skiers and 'bu. I'd love a factory tour and rick/drew would have a hard time kicking me out....
    C'mon out and visit MJH and myself anytime! He lives about a half mile away.. lol
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155