Thread: Board Lockers

Default Board Lockers

Anyone check-out the newer boats (non sc) that utilize board lockers? Noticed some of the newer boats coming out with lockers for boards.

As I watch the videos it looks like a cool feature. It would be nice to have docking at the marina for keeping stuff out of sight from thieves. Not sure if they lock or not. Assume when on the water it looks easy to use when swapping out riders.

My SL has the transom locker for a few skim boards and/or vests, we use it, but there are limitations on what can be stored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Malibu 242

2018 Supra SL400

Nautique G23 Paragon

2018 Supra SL400

I can slip boards under my passenger side helm on the Makai pretty easily. Doesn't lock, but definitely out of site.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

That is cool.

2018 Supra SL400

I think having board storage in the rear lockers is a must on my next boat. I trailer my boat so it would be super convenient keeping everything in the lockers for storage and not moving boards between storage/truck and the board racks.

The new Centurion Fe22 has "Ram Boxes" but may not be big enough for boards. It looks pretty neat regardless.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post

The new Centurion Fe22 has "Ram Boxes" but may not be big enough for boards. It looks pretty neat regardless.

Not sure if know what ram-boxes are, I will have to look that up. I do not know much about that brand and features.

I rode 3-4 different big Centurion boats this past summer. Each had a back trunk for storage, but each one had a ballast bag in that area. No room for storage when riding.

2018 Supra SL400

For $200k + you can get board storage The 2023 G23 in my garage hold 6 boards in the rear storage. Super convenient. The Max we have can hold 6 boards when when traveling under front and mid port compartment.....3 when using front mid storage during session. Storage is really nice when your not riding all your boards. Nothing worse in my opinion than having 6 boards filling all racks on the boat and then trying to switch them around during a session.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    For $200k + you can get board storage The 2023 G23 in my garage hold 6 boards in the rear storage. Super convenient. The Max we have can hold 6 boards when when traveling under front and mid port compartment.....3 when using front mid storage during session. Storage is really nice when your not riding all your boards. Nothing worse in my opinion than having 6 boards filling all racks on the boat and then trying to switch them around during a session.
    I know it is not a fair comparison when factoring price, but just curious, how do the 2 waves compare? The g23 vs the Max?

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    I know it is not a fair comparison when factoring price, but just curious, how do the 2 waves compare? The g23 vs the Max?

Personally, the new G23 is in a whole different league. Just the way you can shape the wave on spot with the screen is sick. I like a long wave and the wave is so clean, so long and has a 2ft shelf on top...that make tricks so much nicer. Honestly for $240 it's like a BMX vs. Toyota and thats just the wave. All the other features and qualities are beautiful. I have been on a friends 2023 Centurian, but not surfed it, and the interior and features are just as nice. I love Supra, and its right up there with the quality and the wave. Great boat, great features and great wave, but the G23 would have to be my favorite. Some people might not agree, but there is something about the Nautique that I really loveScreenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.42.42 AM.jpg
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO