Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is what I did when I installed a dripless seal on my LSV. Worked like a charm and only had to buy 4 bolts and nuts. Very tight working space but just take your time. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....+dripless+seal
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    AMD was supposed to be "and" sorry for my bad typing.

Now for the questions.
    1)1-1/8" is the common size for Moomba. Your model and year also prove that.

2)Aftermarket systems will all be slightly different so there is leeway. 4" is Glide specific.

3)There is a tool you can buy (I made mine) that bolts to the flange coupler and pushes the shaft out. Think reverse of a bearing puller. My MOJO had space to work but yes it is tight.

4) Like anything that rotates or supports rotation it is a wear item. Typically 500hrs or the rubber seal dry rots and cracks which ever comes first.

I didn't take pictures when I replaced mine but if you decide to tackle it, PM me and I can help explain some things.

Link below is the pulling tool I'm referring to. Again I made my own and used longer bolts from the hardware store.
    https://skiboatpartsonline.com/Coupling-Puller-Tool
    AMD was supposed to be "and" sorry for my bad typing.

Now for the questions.
    1)1-1/8" is the common size for Moomba. Your model and year also prove that.

2)Aftermarket systems will all be slightly different so there is leeway. 4" is Glide specific.

3)There is a tool you can buy (I made mine) that bolts to the flange coupler and pushes the shaft out. Think reverse of a bearing puller. My MOJO had space to work but yes it is tight.

4) Like anything that rotates or supports rotation it is a wear item. Typically 500hrs or the rubber seal dry rots and cracks which ever comes first.

I didn't take pictures when I replaced mine but if you decide to tackle it, PM me and I can help explain some things.

Link below is the pulling tool I'm referring to. Again I made my own and used longer bolts from the hardware store.
    https://skiboatpartsonline.com/Coupling-Puller-Tool
    Thanks for the detailed response. I read about that tool and am fairly confident it will not fit for my application. Even though I would use the inner holes, the whole tool will not fit.

I read about someone using this though: 3" 4" 6" 3-Jaw Gear Puller Set, Reversible 3-Jaw Gear Removal Tool for Slide Gears, Pulleys, Bearings and Flywheels https://a.co/d/6pidWdO

But not even sure I will have the space to fit that horizontally…

I called the local dealer just to see what they would charge but no one is calling me back. Not the first time either, all they want to do is sell and maintain new boats…too bad because I am willing to pay at this point.

I just know what kind of job it is and not sure if I’m up for it. I’m not getting any younger or more flexible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Moomba Outback V
    Black and red
    2006 Orange Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by VA LSV View Post
    This is what I did when I installed a dripless seal on my LSV. Worked like a charm and only had to buy 4 bolts and nuts. Very tight working space but just take your time. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....+dripless+seal
    This is helpful. So you got longer bolts and put them back into vdrive with spacer in between? Makes sense.

Do you really need to pull on the shaft from the outside? My boat is in garage backed right up to wall so not really an option, plus prop is off for maintenance so nothing to grab….

2011 Moomba Outback V
    Black and red

Quote Originally Posted by agoulet View Post
    I called the local dealer just to see what they would charge but no one is calling me back. Not the first time either, all they want to do is sell and maintain new boats…too bad because I am willing to pay at this point.
    I would suggest finding an independent or a competing wakeboat dealer to work on it. based on the age of the boat it doesn't matter if you use the dealer and any competent mechanic can replace the parts. it's not a skiers choice-exclusive thing.

I used Gerry's Marine here in henderson and recommend them more any any of the wakeboat dealers. cheaper cost, quicker service and nicer people that seem thankful for the business.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would suggest finding an independent or a competing wakeboat dealer to work on it. based on the age of the boat it doesn't matter if you use the dealer and any competent mechanic can replace the parts. it's not a skiers choice-exclusive thing.

I used Gerry's Marine here in henderson and recommend them more any any of the wakeboat dealers. cheaper cost, quicker service and nicer people that seem thankful for the business.
    It’s good advice. I’ll have to do some searching to see if I can find that. Called the master craft outfit nearby and they flat refused…

2011 Moomba Outback V
    Black and red

Try this for a how to?.

It appears to be exactly what you are dealing with. However, not having room to pull the shaft out is going to hinder you.

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...2007-lsv-r165/
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Try this for a how to?.

It appears to be exactly what you are dealing with. However, not having room to pull the shaft out is going to hinder you.

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...2007-lsv-r165/
    This is exactly it. What a good find. Thank you!

I’m looking for a shop but honestly, given the specifics of my application I’d probably have to do it with them. With everyone’s advice plus this link, I at least can visualize everything I need to do. The rest is that determination, patience, and imagination these jobs require. And when the time comes to pull/push the shaft, I can open my garage door and pull the boat forward by hand.

I have all winter at least…and a teenage son who can help and learn not to bail when it seems impossible

Thanks again for the link.

2011 Moomba Outback V
    Black and red

Holdmybeer, that is an excellent site! Thanks for sharing that!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by agoulet View Post
    This is exactly it. What a good find. Thank you!

I’m looking for a shop but honestly, given the specifics of my application I’d probably have to do it with them. With everyone’s advice plus this link, I at least can visualize everything I need to do. The rest is that determination, patience, and imagination these jobs require. And when the time comes to pull/push the shaft, I can open my garage door and pull the boat forward by hand.

I have all winter at least…and a teenage son who can help and learn not to bail when it seems impossible

Thanks again for the link.

That is a very detailed how to with some great pictures! The set screw was an unexpected thing when I did mine. You will need to install your prop before trying to remove the nut from the shaft. I blocked mine with a piece of wood but needed an extra pair of hands to hold the prop and wood in place while I was in the boat removing the nut. You don't need to pull the shaft out, just slide it back enough to clear the seal but be careful as it will slide out all on its own! Take your time and don't rush. It's not a difficult job but it is stressful working in such tight quarters with very limited space to maneuver so just step out of the boat if you get frustrated.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

If your like me, I cramp up more now than I used too when trying to "contort" my body, arms and hands into tight hard to reach spaces. Drink you some pickle juice, eat some mustard, or take something similar that helps reduce cramps before you jump on that one.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub