Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 SL owners?

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    ^^ This ^^

Being able to spin a bigger prop with the new trans makes a difference. Most of my friends with the SA or SL have the 400 motor around Knoxville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, the one I am looking at is the 450, and will be confirming the trans ratio shortly…. My elevation is pretty low, so the 400 pushed the Makai around at full weight and with the 3409 prop very well…. I’ll also be confirming the prop on the SL too

Would be a nice upgrade for sure, but I do really like the Makai…. I guess I have to see if I can get the price I’d like out of it….
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Thanks, the one I am looking at is the 450, and will be confirming the trans ratio shortly…. My elevation is pretty low, so the 400 pushed the Makai around at full weight and with the 3409 prop very well…. I’ll also be confirming the prop on the SL too

Would be a nice upgrade for sure, but I do really like the Makai…. I guess I have to see if I can get the price I’d like out of it….
    Yes. What you are doing is what I would probably go to if I were to change boats. Of course now you will have to figure out which person to leave behind since you will only be able to carry 17! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Yes. What you are doing is what I would probably go to if I were to change boats. Of course now you will have to figure out which person to leave behind since you will only be able to carry 17! LOL!

Ha…. I never filled out the Makai (with people anyways)…. So that should work out ok….

All things equal though, I was concerned about the step down in size, the Makai bow is huuuuuuge compared to the SL, and storage was something I really needed to look into, but given the sub floor ballast in the rear lockers instead of those being filled to the brim with the WM bags that was alleviated…. At least for now !
    2022 Makai

All things equal though, I was concerned about the step down in size, the Makai bow is huuuuuuge compared to the SL, and storage was something I really needed to look into, but given the sub floor ballast in the rear lockers instead of those being filled to the brim with the WM bags that was alleviated…. At least for now !
    Lots of storage on the SL.

If we get 3 families w/kids on the boat - and each one brings a Yeti cooler bag, snacks, and other bags, you just need to get what is used the most organized.

2018 Supra SL400

So did you get an SL??

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

No…. Not yet anyways….

Went down a few paths, am about to list the Makai on OI, the 2021 remains available, and I have built/priced out a 2024 SL and despite some sticker shock that remains an option….

I remain very happy with the Makai, which will soften the blow if the market does not bring what I would want for it in order to make the jump to the SL…

First world problems I know!
    2022 Makai

There must be some pretty big price variances between the 21 vs the 24 SL.

Heck, there are big discounts on the 23 vs 24 SLs because of dealer looking to get rid of inventory.

2018 Supra SL400

Oh for sure, a massive price gap between the 21 (even with low hours) and the new 24…. Of course lots of new features on the 24 and the exact optioned up model I would want….

I did find a 23 SL575 that was very close to what I would build in SLC that was listed for $214k and has recently sold (I am sure for less than that)

I guess if/when the Makai sells I will be at a decision point, do I jump into the 21SL which is (hopefully) still sitting there, or order up a new 24 and live with the gap without a boat…
    2022 Makai

or order up a new 24 and live with the gap without a boat…
    This is a bit of new territory in that build slots for custom orders have been sold out by now the last 4/5 years. Perhaps 2024 is different, but worth confirming with your local dealer.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    This is a bit of new territory in that build slots for custom orders have been sold out by now the last 4/5 years. Perhaps 2024 is different, but worth confirming with your local dealer.

For sure, I am aligned with my dealer on using one of their build slots… but you are correct in that there is a clock ticking on that as well….
    2022 Makai