Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Not disagreeing that it couldn't be better, but are they supposed to engineer everything with future modifications by the end user in mind? That would be impossible. I don't see lazy engineering, I see unrealistic expectations by some. You want to add bigger bags, stereo, trash cans or whatever, then do the added work yourself. For me, that's part of the fun.
    I have to say I agree 100% with your statement above but I don't think you and I are the masses. when I got into wakeboats back in the day, everyone was upgrading SOMETHING but no one did it the same and the creative ways to get bigger waves/stereos/led's were part of the fun of owning a wakeboat.
    fast forward to today and both the demographics of the wakeboat user and society today have changed. most today want a turnkey boat. if you have to add something, it's doing it in the easiest way possible. Skiers(and every other boat builder) know that bags are likely the only thing that most everyone are modding today and to have such a simple design "change" that, in the era of 200k+ boats, is pittance to change makes not a lot of sense to me.

builders have stepped up with heated crap everywhere, booming stereos that require nothing, multiple touchscreens and usb jacks all over a boat but can't fix one of the single biggest bitches with almost every user in the last 15+ years? doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the cost to skiers would be chump change at build time.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I don't think it's lazy engineering, but if the dividers pop out with factory ballast, it should be corrected.

I recall the dividers popping out on my 2018 Supra with factory ballast on occasion and also the seats popping open, it was annoying.

If Moomba dividers pop and hit a fitting on the engine that causes a coolant leak. SC needs to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yeah, known longtime issues should be addressed
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Yep I'd agree a recall or fix should be issued for ones running stock bags and still popping the dividers out. Its been a problem now for a long time that shouldn't be happening. Wouldn't be hard for them to ship some components out that everyone should be able to install themselves and save a trip to the dealer, especially since it sounds like for the most part just a deeper channel on the bottom would take care of stock bags.
    2021 Makai

My dividers stay in place on my Mondo but the floor under the side seats keeps popping up.
    2022 Moomba Mondo

I guess my whole thing with it is that it’s such an easy fix from a design perspective and not much material cost for SC.

I agree that SC can’t account for all modifications that folks do but ballast addition / changes are arguably the most changed thing on a boat today (since it assists the primary function of the boat).

2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

And this is not a new issue and this is not trying to prepare for the future. This has happened to all my Moombas. Not sure if its just bad luck, but it's hard to believe. I skipped the upgrade with the new bigger bags and chose lead to go under stock bags and I have still had blow out with the "new" bigger channels and I have reinforced panels. My main issue though is that I spent over a 120k for nice upgrades chill tech and more....I can't beilve I still have to make my own modifications on a boat. I understand its not a 185+ Supra, or a 240+ Nautique like in my shop, but really, these are not major $ ideas, and they are not future planning. Just my opinion of course. I chose Moomba because I like to pay full price on the spot. I don't want to carry any financing etc. Im am considering it now for a Supra or a Nautique because they have proven to me to not have to upgrade for tweek anything. Again, just my opinion.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Default October 2023 pics and vids

Empty lake days make for good captain in training sessions… my 5 yr old taking us around for a spin.

Hoping to get one last surf session in sometime next week before winterizing!

Last edited by rhouse181; 11-16-2023 at 04:10 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    builders have stepped up with heated crap everywhere, booming stereos that require nothing, multiple touchscreens and usb jacks all over a boat but can't fix one of the single biggest bitches with almost every user in the last 15+ years? doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the cost to skiers would be chump change at build time.
    Quoted for truth.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Good pictures rhouse! She will remember that forever!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub