Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

i know my 22' mojo
    is popping panels.. Plan on fixing that this winter

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Going from memory my 23 side panels don't look any different than what I've seen folks complain about in years past. Mine have yet to pop out with stock ballast but I plan to reinforcement them.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Hmm seems like a good opportunity to for SC to do a little updating on them then, especially since stock bags pop them out.
    2021 Makai

I know I added angle iron to mine and they still popped with stock bags, when I upgraded bags I would adjust them while filling and could get lucky, if I end up not selling I have additional bracing along with additional tabs to add at the top to try to rectify….

One benefit of the WM bag upgrade is losing the storage bins which gives easier access to fix the panels lol !
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Man, I figured that SL would be your garage by now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I am still very much looking forward to the SL!!

Not many bites on the Makai right now…. The good news is, that means not many on the SL as well….

They say patience is a virtue, I dont know, because I have very little…. Almost none!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    I know I added angle iron to mine and they still popped with stock bags, when I upgraded bags I would adjust them while filling and could get lucky, if I end up not selling I have additional bracing along with additional tabs to add at the top to try to rectify….

One benefit of the WM bag upgrade is losing the storage bins which gives easier access to fix the panels lol !

I used two sets of the reinforcement angle kits on the panels themselves + removed the factory bottom "channel" and redid it with 3.5" high metal. With the upgraded bags that I also added a drain hose to, they haven't popped out since.

I did all that after I popped a panel and it smashed into a raw water cooling plastic connector and broke it- ending a beautiful day on the water.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

awesome pics.
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    I used two sets of the reinforcement angle kits on the panels themselves + removed the factory bottom "channel" and redid it with 3.5" high metal. With the upgraded bags that I also added a drain hose to, they haven't popped out since.

I did all that after I popped a panel and it smashed into a raw water cooling plastic connector and broke it- ending a beautiful day on the water.
    Where did you get the high metal channel? Online? I am finding its the channels that need to be bigger. I am always annoyed that you spend so much on a boat and then they don't prepare their design for a upgraded bag. This is not a cost thing for them....it's poor design
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Where did you get the high metal channel? Online? I am finding its the channels that need to be bigger. I am always annoyed that you spend so much on a boat and then they don't prepare their design for a upgraded bag. This is not a cost thing for them....it's poor design
    Agree - just lazy engineering.

I got what I needed from a metal supply store. I ran one single 90 degree piece on one side and sections of another 90 degree to create the channel. Could have just ran two whole pieces I supposed but I didn’t have enough metal and it’s worked the way I did it.

I’m certainly not an engineer but it worked out. I posted some pics on another thread somewhere , I’ll try and find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Not disagreeing that it couldn't be better, but are they supposed to engineer everything with future modifications by the end user in mind? That would be impossible. I don't see lazy engineering, I see unrealistic expectations by some. You want to add bigger bags, stereo, trash cans or whatever, then do the added work yourself. For me, that's part of the fun.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold