Default Shipping options/advice.

I have a cross country move in my future.l and am looking for some advice. I have shipped cars before but not my boat (2020 Kayien). So I’m looking for some ideas on the best way to ship her this time. I am also contemplating putting her up for sale she has very low hours, but that is up in the air right now.

This move I will have 2-3 vechiels and the kayien to ship from NY at AZ.

Depending on cost and options I always could tow her back to AZ.

What does the transportation market look like, ideally before the snow flys. I think I will have to get her winterized either way just to be safe.

Thanks for your advise.

-Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

I towed my tige myself when moving from boise to green bay. figured since I had to get the truck out there anyway I just used it for the boat and loaded the kawi in the bed. winterized and shrinkwrapped for the trip and if it were me again, i'd use shrinkwrap and do the trailer as much as I could as well.

I have used uship.com on several occasions to ship boats across the country. usually ran around $1200 but who knows now. that site worked out well for me.

on a related note where in AZ are you going? that may help you decide to sell the boat or not. if you're lucky enough to land in lake havasu area or bullhead city, great lakes there but have heard that the main lakes around phx have hours of wait on weekends and if you have any other color than white in the interior, buy lots of towels we used to go at 7am and off the lake by noon-1pm to get out of the heat in mid june thru mid august.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This is a boomerang move back to AZ. I trailed her to NY last time just not sure I want to do that again or if I will have time before the snow flys.

Checking out uShip not liking the pricing so far but good information to have to help make a decision.

I will likely put her up for sale and if it sells great if not then there is a road trip in her future again!

I’ll get her cleaned up and post her up. Was a wet summer her so hours are still low and a great boat.

2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

Back around 8 years ago I used u ship to get my XLV from Indy to Portland. You are basically hiring someone to hitch up and tow your boat on the trailer...

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If I was going to pay the current rates, I would want my trailer on a trailer so I didn't have the wear and tear on my boat trailer.

Paying someone to drive only makes sense if your time will make more money than pulling it yourself. Selling is a good option if you won't be close to water in AZ.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If I was going to pay the current rates, I would want my trailer on a trailer so I didn't have the wear and tear on my boat trailer.
    cha-ching.... grab your ankles for that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    cha-ching.... grab your ankles for that bill.
    You are so right.
    I have a good friend that is a hot shot hauler. The money he gets away with charging is robbery.
    He has put a boat w/ trailer on his hauler with another vehicle though. Might be an idea if the OP has a couple things to ship. Most companies charge less if you can fill the whole trailer.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

A couple bids came back so far, between 5k-8k. Might be worth driving a long weekend. Bonus would be getting my truck out there as well.

2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

Man. Covid has done a number. It was 1100 to ship from Oklahoma to Vegas in 2018 and 1400 from Minneapolis to Vegas in 2020.

Heck, for half that plus gas, I'd fly out and drive it
    I got 2 weeks of vacation to burn by end of year.