Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Haha - figured I would catch your attention! Footprint is 48w X 60d. 2880sq ft lower level, and 1080sq ft loft. 16ft ceilings below, 8ft ceilings in the loft. Center door is 16w X 14h, side doors are 12w x 14H. I wanted to be able to pull my 5th wheel into any of the bays I wanted without second guessing it. And eventually do a portable car lift so I can move that around as needed which meant going with almost a 6" slab.

We added in a little 8x8 garage door on the north side in case something is blocking the main door I can sneak a quad or SxS around and out. Right now I have an extra bedroom in the house as my office. My wife has talked me into moving my office out to the loft so the new will be around 17x14 plus the step out balcony. Way more than I really need but.... That still leaves over 40ft (x17) of storage space up there. I don't think I'll man cave it too much. Already have a pool table, darts, theater room, gun display, etc. in the basement in the house.

Also roughed in plumbing for a full bathroom under the stairs. Even though we could easily set it up as an ADU I really don't want more living space as our house is already over 4700sq ft. My goal is for kids to move out, not back in!

I've already spec'd out the elevator I'm going to build on the back wall. That's a helluva lot of steps to go up and down with all the holiday decorations and crap we can't seem to live without that will live in the loft.

I'm calling it the 'Toy Barn'
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Love the garage! I am finishing mine right now electrical service was my last big hurdle to cross. I am alowly getting my circuits completed. Last step will be building a loft this fall once boating is done. I love having the extra space, looking forward to being able to actually use it. I have a portable lift with plans for a two post lift as well.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Check the permitting costs for an elevator as a friend in Bend years ago discovered the planning, permits and annual inspections were rather spendy. So he does the steps.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Damn berg, your garage is bigger than my house! Looks impressive and would love to have 1/3 that space LOL.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Check the permitting costs for an elevator as a friend in Bend years ago discovered the planning, permits and annual inspections were rather spendy. So he does the steps.
    For the "Toy Barn" slash Toy Castle", I would park a scissor lift inside somewhere against an outside wall with just a couple of steps or a ramp to get on it to get me to that loft. Then it's not an elevator.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Build a dumbwaiter not an elevator. My father did this in his shop. He uses it to move "things" not people and you avoid the permits and inspections. At least in the states.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Congratulations @Tommy2slow on getting your garage organized. I feel your pain, we were rushed moving into our new garage at the lake house 17 years ago with multiple storage spaces consolidating into this space. The work bench area was a cluster and little space to move. 5 years a go a acquired 2x 3" thick maple work bench tops and have been wanting to purge, clean and organize that garage. Unfortunately, we had a plumbing failure last fall that flooded the lake house and garage . The fortunate thing is it has forced the garage organization. We wrapped up reconstruction just before the 4th of July and have been slowly moving items from storage back into the space. We also changed out the header on one of the garage doors to go from a 9'x8" door to a 10'x8'6" which will make it so much easier to store the Moomba.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Build a dumbwaiter not an elevator. My father did this in his shop. He uses it to move "things" not people and you avoid the permits and inspections. At least in the states.
    Correct, I should have called it what it will be. This is going to go in AFTER all final inspections are done. It's for bins and gear and stuff, not people. Well, maybe to try it out a couple times but that's about it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Cucv,
    Workspace looks well organized. I used to have something that looked to way, but then time happens slowly creeping in and gathering stuff from everywhere!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Cucv,
    Workspace looks well organized. I used to have something that looked to way, but then time happens slowly creeping in and gathering stuff from everywhere!

No doubt it takes work to keep the space clean and organized. We definitely struggle in the home garage and lake garage but the toy barn is "my" space so there is less of a chance of someone dumping stuff where I just cleaned. Pics from when I built it and current day. Mind you there are several toys and pieces of equipment out of the building at the moment.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk