Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Well at least they have the raw water access on the 24’s so you could water down your floor to keep it cool.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I would hold strong on your price. I have been in the market for a new Supra for 3 years now. Every year I keep talking myself into the price and then it jumps another freaking $40k and I give up. And I can tell you I am totally out on nearly $280k for a Supra. So, I have almost reverted back to buying another Moomba to gat a little large boat with more storage. Only thing that has really held me back is there is nothing wrong with my boat, so why pay $40-$50k to get an extra foot and some new features that are just nice to haves. I think boats like yours are going to loose less value than the luxury boats that are pushing $300k. If someone can afford to spend over $200k on a boat, they are likely going to buy new unless they find someone with the exact same taste in colors and features, and the boat hasn’t been trashed. I honestly think all this customization can hurt the resale also. I see boats all day long that I wouldn’t even consider because I can’t stand the colors. The local dealer has a few Supras on the lot and there is no way I would buy one even if they discounted $100k off the boat. Your boat colors are nice and neutral, so I don’t see you having that problem. I think the issue is you are in Ohio and the season will be over in a month or two and everyone is waiting to see what prices do over the winter….at least that is what I am doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your comments and other’s comments as well. The price I have on it is as low as I am willing to go right now. I actually showed it today and the sale sounds promising, but we all know it’s not over until the deal is closed and paperwork is signed. Fingers crossed…..
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

The potential buyer today did ask me about the warranty transfer. Does anyone know off the top of their head how that works? Is it simple paperwork to fill out and send in, is there a transfer fee?

I’ll call the dealer tomorrow when they open again, but thought I would ask here if anyone knows the process.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Have to contact Indmar and Skiers. Dealer can do the transfer and you don't have to call anyone.

Fee for transfer is around $1200...make sure the boatmate trailer warranty is part of the deal also.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Have to contact Indmar and Skiers. Dealer can do the transfer and you don't have to call anyone.

Fee for transfer is around $1200...make sure the boatmate trailer warranty is part of the deal also.
    Thanks!! I’ll keep everyone posted on the result.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Good Luck...

Whoever is buys is getting a great deal. I was thinking of selling this year, but if your boat is an indicator, I may hold off and enjoy another season.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quick update everyone, the boat has sold and is on its way to Wisconsin! The new owners were great to deal with and we had an excellent afternoon on the water giving them the rundown on how everything works and explaining everything I’ve worked on the last 4 seasons getting the wave dialed in for surfing.

Thanks for all the comments and even though I no longer own a Moomba, I’ll still be hanging around here every now and then to keep up with the action.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Good to hear! Good you were able to stixk with it. This new new market is weirder than the last.

The only thing you might want to tell the new owners if you haven't already.

The warranty requires the new owners contacting a dealer and getting everything changed over. There are 3 warranties, skiers, indmar, boatmate. I believe they cam use the title transfer date and they only have 10 day or 30 days to get this done.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Great new for you…did you have to come down much on the price? Surprised you left that out of your update considering that was the main topic..
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Great new for you…did you have to come down much on the price? Surprised you left that out of your update considering that was the main topic..
    Great question and apologies for anyone looking. I stuck firm on the price at $85k which I thought was an extremely great price for all parties. The new owners got a great dialed in boat for the money. No one got hurt in the deal and I am happy with the outcome. The new owners travelled 7 hours to pick it up and we all went to the lake for an afternoon of fun in the sun and surfing. At the end of our session we cracked a few cold ones and cheered to the occasion. It was an awesome experience and the best I’ve ever had buying or selling boats in the last 25 years.

As far as warranty, thanks to many on this forum we both researched the requirements and the new owners will take it to their local dealer for inspection and warranty transfer.
    Last edited by Max20; 09-22-2023 at 10:56 PM.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade