Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Makai

Default 2024 Makai

Anybody sat in the new Makai? I’ve got one on order but there aren’t a lot of videos or pics to pass the time! . TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Anybody sat in the new Makai? I’ve got one on order but there aren’t a lot of videos or pics to pass the time! . TIA

Nope but congrats on the order !
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Congrats on the order! How did you option your boat?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Remote on transom and observer seat.
    Surf pipe
    Rob’s throughout
    Docking lights
    Underwater lights
    Concrete gatorstep
    All black interior with white welting
    Didn’t get the power tower because we are in Idaho and rarely want the Bimini out

Before everyone jumps me for not getting the SA or SV for a similar price, size of boat is one of the most important things to me. Always run a large crew with lots of little kids. Also, got the 575 because we are 4,800 to 6,000 feet in elevation and didn’t want to worry about ballast, people, and elevation. Came from a 400 Max and fought it a lot.

Awesome! You will like how the Makai surfs!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Awesome! You will like how the Makai surfs!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Any suggestions on setting it up? I have 1,200lbs lead I plan on throwing in. Seemed like it needs some additional weight in the rear. I can’t add the wakemakers bags because I got the flip up seats so the hinges hang down in the cubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
    Any suggestions on setting it up? I have 1,200lbs lead I plan on throwing in. Seemed like it needs some additional weight in the rear. I can’t add the wakemakers bags because I got the flip up seats so the hinges hang down in the cubby.

I wonder if the 1200 lb WM bags would work? These were the first gen Max/Makai bags before they made them 1345’s. Otherwise just add some lead under the stock bags and call it a day.

Congrats on the replacement. What were you fighting with on your Max? I’m guessing power since you had the 400, at elevation and large crew?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I wonder if the 1200 lb WM bags would work? These were the first gen Max/Makai bags before they made them 1345’s. Otherwise just add some lead under the stock bags and call it a day.

Congrats on the replacement. What were you fighting with on your Max? I’m guessing power since you had the 400, at elevation and large crew?
    I was fighting the motor. When we boat at 6,000 ft with the 400 it struggles with our 5,600 lbs of ballast and a few folks in the boat. I had to prop down for it. I put a 15.5x14.25 on it and had enough power but then I was surfing at 4300-4400 RPMs. At that rpm I was burning fuel like crazy. I think I was burning between 10-12 GPH. The noise was pretty unbearable as well. I put a surf pipe and put kilmat all over the floor but when you are revved that high you can only do so much. Otherwise loved my Max.

I went with the 1345 bags, and 1000lb of lead (200 under each rear bag, 150 under each rear corner cushion, and the remaining 300 as far forward as possible in the bow compartment)

And then swapped the prop….

Typically have a small crew, but have loaded up the boat with up to 10 adults total and had no issue getting up surfing, other than the boat felt crowded with than many people, and that is with the 400

Surf rpm at 11.2 is 35-3600 if I recall correct, now that the rain has passed I can confirm that in the next few days
    Last edited by Dukabor; 08-23-2023 at 02:15 PM.
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    I went with the 1345 bags, and 1000lb of lead (200 under each rear bag, 150 under each rear corner cushion, and the remaining 300 as far forward as possible in the bow compartment)

And then swapped the prop….

Typically have a small crew, but have loaded up the boat with up to 10 adults total and had no issue getting up surfing, other than the boat felt crowded with than many people, and that is with the 400

Surf rpm at 11.2 is 35-3600 if I recall correct, now that the rain has passed I can confirm that in the next few days
    Any idea what altitude your lake is at? Around here my dealer doesn’t order a Makai with anything lower than the 450. Altitude tax is a legit thing here.