Default Battery Help - 2019 Supra SL

I went to put my tower down last night so I could cover my boat and get ready for our lake trip this weekend. I had no power. I assumed my switch was off but it was in position #2. I switched to #1 and had power. I tried starting the boat and it cranked over great. I took the covers off of my batteries and found one negative cable was severely corroded. I took the extra wires bolted to the terminal top and tried removing the cable. I loosened the crimp cable but couldn't get the cable to move. I tried so hard I think I almost broke the post off of the battery. Is this a different type of connection or is it just from the corrosion? I've never seen a batter post with threaded post on the top?? The good news was i cleaned up the corrosion and put things back together and it appears to have a good connection. I have power in all switch positions. I'm hoping to make it thought the weekend and then work on it next week. Any thoughts/suggestions?

battery.jpg
    battery2.jpg

Thanks!
    Jeremiah
    Last edited by miahhough; 08-11-2023 at 09:19 AM.
    2019 Supra SL
    2014 Tige Z3
    2008 Tige 22VE

Looks pretty corroded. Try putting a mixture of baking soda and water on it. That will dissolve the corrosion and clean it up.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

After you clean it up, add a light film of Vaseline and then reassemble.

That is plenty of corrosion to prevent a good connection. If battery keeps a charge you should be good to go, but if those are original batteries, 5 years is pushing end of life in a marine application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan