Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Spent some time in eastern WA right on the Idaho border last week on the Snake River. 110-115 degrees every day and not a breath of wind...

My two 7-yr old grandkids popped up on knees on the surfboards first try! They'll be shredding soon.

Followed by my 1st mate

It's a bit sketchy running at any speed this part of the river at the entrance to Hell's Canyon. You kind of get used to it - not.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Finally getting a little time on the Doomswell Nubstep. I like this board but don't love it. I want to love it. Added the chaser fins but it's still just not quite fast enough. Think I need to experiment with some better fins.

All the paddling in the world isn't going to save this one. Walking on wake, or possibly a disappearing surfboard.

Maiden voyage in my father-in-law's two seater pontoon. I was a little worried they'd disappear too but it was actually quite stable. Even with a crazy new puppy on board.

We run the futures rastovich bamboo quad on our doomswell neo. It was night and day from the stock fins. Maybe give it a try.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

The Snake River in that part used to have line up sticks on the shore. You would line up the two sticks and then look for the next set of sticks. I never went up there much except in someone's jet boat. Great beaches there and the pictures brings back memories.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Finally getting a little time on the Doomswell Nubstep. I like this board but don't love it. I want to love it. Added the chaser fins but it's still just not quite fast enough. Think I need to experiment with some better fins.

All the paddling in the world isn't going to save this one. Walking on wake, or possibly a disappearing surfboard.

Maiden voyage in my father-in-law's two seater pontoon. I was a little worried they'd disappear too but it was actually quite stable. Even with a crazy new puppy on board.

I ride the John John Grom fins on my nubstep. The wife rode the blackstix on her Neo but liked my JJGs better so we sold the blackstix and got her a set of JJGs.

Any time you wanna borrow the fins for a set Lmk or better yet, let's get out together. Happy to host on my boat!

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Wife likes the new beverage...

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

This season I went with bombproof SS thru hulls.

The downpipe to me homemade surf pipe kept breaking (ever 1 to 2 seasons) right at the place the threaded coupler went into the cleanout tee, so I sleeved it with an outer silicone coupler this time. I've lost at least 3 aluminum downpipes at the bottom of the lake/river due to broken threaded couplers...

www.TraysonsToybox.com

My son, Jake, competed in the British Columbia Championships and rode well to double gold. He competed in the Canadian Nationals last weekend and didn’t have his best ride but still pulled off a bronze in wake skate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I am no expert by any means on skis but most of the guys I ski with use Radars and have loved them. I bought a Radar Senate Alloy a couple of yrs ago and love it. The Radar Lyric and the Union are probably a step down but still great all around skis for open water skiing. If you look around you can usually find a close out on last yrs model for a few hundred off.
    I got a radar theory and love it. Just an open water ski that's not too advanced but still plenty fun. It was replaced by the katana and I hear the session and terrain are the ones to consider now...

I have no desire to ski a course and chase bouys! I just wanna slice thru that glass and maybe throw some spray cutting out! Where it's safe. Hahaha.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    We run the futures rastovich bamboo quad on our doomswell neo. It was night and day from the stock fins. Maybe give it a try.
    I'm looking right now. Did you just run doubles or two sets for quad fins?

I had run a set of futures, I don't remember what, on an old Ronix Carbon Thruster, ran all 4, and you practically had to stand on the tail the whole time to keep it from running into the back of the boat is was so fast. Wish I could remember what they were.