Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Supras

Saw the pics in the other thread.

No thrusters...at that size probably not needed but was hoping you could mess around with the "new version".

How was the swim platform extension? I love the concept but hate it is another powered thing that could fail. Wondering, is there is a bypass to manually lock it at home so you can still enjoy the day if a failure occurs?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Only time we used the swim platform step was when docked just checking it out. I would definitely use it if chilling in the cove though. I wished there were cup holders on the swim platform integrated with the grab handle cutout and I’m not sure a short person would be able to touch the swim step switches if their in the water but I do like the new option. You could always not option a boat with it and then add a traditional telescoping ladder if you’re worried about electronics and new tech. I totally get it and it is one more thing to worry about failing.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Here’s some 4K teaser footage while I edit the actual review video.

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I wonder how the wakeboard wake is? I know a lot of Nautique owners state the G21 wake is actually a better wakeboard wake than the G21, a bit more vert. I wonder if the SV would be a little more narrow or verty, given the shorter length. Would be interesting to see. Great looking boat!
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Great looking SV Hak, the mint is growing on me.

Regular wave needs some tuning to clean up the face, but looks strong for light crew and 400# lead.

SL and SV are cab forward traditional bow
    SE and SE are cab rearward fork bow.

I am excited to see the Gen 4 SA next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Great looking SV Hak, the mint is growing on me.

Regular wave needs some tuning to clean up the face, but looks strong for light crew and 400# lead.

SL and SV are cab forward traditional bow
    SE and SE are cab rearward fork bow.

I am excited to see the Gen 4 SA next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea with a little time tuning the wave could definitely be improved but it is for sure strong with minimal setup. One strange thing we did encounter, and this may have been because we were on a river with current, but the wave going upstream created these “buckets” of water ripples that would form on the top of the wave and they would dump onto your ankles before the curl breaking out back. Imagine a conveyor belt of buckets of water. It was strange for sure! I’m not sure if that was just because of how we had the lead all rear biased, or going against the current, tab setting, or a combo of it all. Going downstream the wave was much more consistent and didn’t have those heavy water bucket ripples that would form. Kind of hard to explain but I’m editing a full length video that you will be able to see it happen.

Inside the cockpit it feels like a baby SL, and just a hair smaller feeling than an SA. Few inches in the bow and a few inches in the cockpit. Swim deck, surf locker and aft all feel the same size to me, aside from an SE maybe. I would have optioned for the flip-up backrests if this were my spec. I’m not sure thrusters would be required on this boat as it seemed to pivot nicely, but new HO thrusters would be a cool option to have if you wanted to splurge. The bigger the boat the more thrusters would be beneficial of course.

Trying to decide what to do with this video since I’m trying to let it flow natural with the conversations going over details about the boat. It’s like 18 minutes long now but I’m thinking of splitting it into two parts. One being interior, audio, etc and the other being just surf footage. Nobody likes to sit through long videos no matter how informative they may be lol. Really digging this boat though!
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Interior and exterior/surf videos make since.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Hey guys, below is the SV video footage from the demo. I split it into 2 parts for the interior and audio and then the surf footage. No music or dubbed narration in this video. Just the raw conversations edited together to cover most of what people may want to know about the boat. I am still without a PC so I’m limited on my editing and have to do this through my phone these days lol.

I didn’t do a good job of showing the ”smartseat” feature but it is really cool. It automatically raises and lowers the seat for you based on bow attitude and possibly speed. It was changing on its own as I was just driving down the lake at various speeds and pitches. Really cool and between the power set presets, there really is no need to use the bolster now IMO. Wished I would have showcased that in the video.

The DSD audio is as advertised / hyped IMO. Very clear, very loud, and more importantly lots of surround sound. I couldn’t find a bad spot for music. The enclosed speakers really do offer a better tone and response versus just hanging in air. The way the sound projects from the dash and windshield was a nice fill. Subs were plenty strong for bass and I didn’t hear any rattles, unlike my Max dash does when the bass hits.

Interior space is very close to an SA in the cockpit area. A little shorter in the bow and main cockpit but doesn’t feel cramped at all. It feels bigger than 21’ 10”. I think you could fit 10 people plus all their gear comfortably.

400 engine felt strong at seal level. I’m not sure what prop was spec’d on this boat but it pulled hard out of the hole and plenty of midrange without ballast. When we filled it up for surfing we also had 400 lbs of lead in the rear lockers and the engine had no issues getting to surf speed. Granted it was only one person in the boat.

Swim step is cool but we did not use it since we weren’t chilling in a cove. I do think adding some lights to let you know when it’s fully deployed ir restricted would be ideal at the switch on the transom.

This boat didn’t have the new HO thrusters, so I was not able to play with them. Not sure it’s needed on this length of boat as it seemed to pivot fine and better than my Max.

This boat also didn’t have the flip up seats on the swim pad. I would definitely option a boat with those on my next build. The surf locker and swim pad area large and feel the same size as SA or SL. I couldn’t tell much of a difference there but maybe there is some slight dimension differences there.

Part 1 video - Interior details and audio…

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Part 2 video - surf wave

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Great stuff! Glad you liked it!