Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2024 Supras

Yessir had a great time in it. My legs are still sore so that should tell you something!!

BTW I forgot to mention but we were on Lay Lake which isn’t deep, so expect the wave to be ever better in deeper water. I think on average we were in 22’ of water.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

LOL! I am lucky if we are in water that deep most of the time!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

@haknslash thanks for taking the time to share the videos. Back end recovery looks almost effortless on that wave, I need to figure out how to get there on my Mojo. Do you recall your pitch, roll and rpms at surf speed? I laughed at your comment on checking pitch and roll on your Max and just knowing what the boat likes, it's on one of the main screens on my 23.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    @haknslash thanks for taking the time to share the videos. Back end recovery looks almost effortless on that wave, I need to figure out how to get there on my Mojo. Do you recall your pitch, roll and rpms at surf speed? I laughed at your comment on checking pitch and roll on your Max and just knowing what the boat likes, it's on one of the main screens on my 23.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    It truly was effortless to recover!! I was riding in stock Future fins too on the Neo and Falcon. Usually to feel that kind of drive, I’d be riding something like my Neo with Chaos fins. Wave was legit! Y’all with the newer screens are lucky! Sucks having to toggle on the smaller screen lol.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I just these videos on the Facebook group but I also added some thoughts on the SV. I’ll paste them below. Caution, it’s a wall of text lol.

• As you may have read in my other SV posts, I came away really impressed with this new model. I think it’s light years better than the SC which was thei smallest model Supra offered. It is a baby SL, but it doesn’t feel small inside and for those that don’t have huge crews I think this boat will be plenty. Feels slightly smaller than an SA inside and mainly seems to be in the bow and cockpit area. From the sun pad back it seemed the same size as others Supra’s. Surf locker is large enough to hold 3 or so skim boards. Sadly I forgot to film inside the compartments but it had nice storage space.

• The new master battery switch inside the door a strange thing to look at compared to traditional switches you’re accustomed to. Probably has something to do with the tower being your On / Off battery switch. Think of the tower switch like a remote I guess.

• DSD audio is no joke amd sounded great! I’ve been in the previous JL boats and they rock, but the DSD rocks too but seemed to be very clear and the surround sound effect having speakers everywhere really does fill the cockpit unlike anything else I’ve heard for stock stereo systems on other boats. Personally, I dig the look of them, right down to the grills. Zero rattles. Just big sound all around and each zone is able to be controlled.

• The rudder indicator is a nice touch, especially for new vdrive owners, but even seasoned folks will appreciate always knowing where your rudder is. You know how it goes when launching after retrieving sometimes ��

• The Smartseat feature is badass! I sadly didn’t get any video of it in action but trust me it’s awesome having your seat automatically adjust based on the bow (and maybe speed is a factor to?)! The new dash, screens, and interface are all slick and felt super premium.

• Ride quality was great. It was a flat day but it handled the slight occasional wind chop and going against the current fine. I’d like to test this boat out again on my home base Lake Martin, which can get snotty like an ocean. That would be a much better test to how the boat can handle rougher waters. I was a little worried of dipping the bow on the rollers when turning back to pick up the surfer but never had an issue. I think my Max has more freeboard, or at least feels that way, and it’s never an issue with getting water in the bow.

• Exterior styling, um .....it’s sexy AF! It has a great stance on the water! We didn’t use the new swim step but ve played with it at the dealership. We would option our boat with one for sure. New tower is badass and looks more modern. I love the design of the tower boxes compared to cans. Bimini had plenty of shade as well. Putting the bimini boot on looked a little tricky see you have to feed it around the tower speaker boxes though. I like the phenderpro’s are standard and in the right places. Not sure if the GoPro surf mounts down by the swim step are new or not, but i would like to try those out next time.

• Boat has the 400 and we are at sea level. It seemed well matched for the boat. Not sure what prop was on it but it had good holes hot when empty and good midrange. If at altitude or with a medium to Max sized crew you may want to opt for the 450 or 550 just because this boat is heavy. It did not feel sluggish at all and coming from my Max, it felt much more sporty. We had 400 lbs of lead and it didn’t have issues getting to surf speeds fully ballast, however we were a light crew. Again, the prop seemed well matched, whatever version it was.

• Boat did not have the new HO thrusters, but I don’t think thrusters are a must have on this size boat as it seemed to pivot fine while docking or returning to pick up the surfer. Of course the new thrusters would have been fun to play with. If I’m building one, I’m going to spec the thrusters either way just due to how snotty our lake can get.

• The surf wave was very firm and had plenty of power front to back. It was not soft at all and my legs hurt for a few days, not kidding ��. some boats can feel soft but not this one and we didn’t even play with the settings other than fill, and had 400 lbs of lead distributed in the rear and surf lockers. The wave wasn’t as long or tall as my dialed in Max wave even though total displacement is around the same I think considering I had a lighter boat but I have much more total ballast.

• The shape of a Supra wave is definitely signature and different than a Moomba wave. Definitely has that Supra shape. I’ve ridden newer SA’s and SL’s and to me, the SV packs a firmer wave out of the box. Not trying to be biased or just hyped because it’s the newest thing either. I shoot it straight lol. Yea we did have some lead, but it was only 1 person in the boat driving, so to be fair 400 lbs is likely what everyone would have one way or the other. I think part of the reason why the wave may feel better is because the SV is shorter but also weighs more than an SA. The wave is maybe a hair shorter but feels much, much, more powerful. You will have to demo the boat and see for yourself! I’d love to borrow this boat for a day and dial in the wave as much as possible because if out of the box plus a little lead is any indicator, this boat will be able to make a really amazing wave! I need some more ride time behind one.

• I surfed with a 5’ Neo and a 4’6” Falcon and both boards had a ton of speed on this wave and effortless recovery. The wave just has a ton of power back there that recovery takes no time and minimal pumping, if at all. I was able to recover just by locking in the edge and off I went. The wave is really, really good in terms of power and firmness.

• We surfed at 11.4, 11.6 amd 11.8 mph. Surf tab was 75 and center tab was 25. With those plate settings, the wave cleaned up best round 11.4 to 11.6 mph. At higher speeds we would have needed to play with the tags to clean up the lip a little. Hoping to get another demo once the boat returns to Lake Martin so I can play with the setup in more detail.

• One thing I noticed is the surf wave seemed to take a little while to form compared to my Max, which develops very quickly. It wasn’t a big deal, just seemed strange. Maybe the tabs are doing something when we stop other than the center tab? Idk but it would finally produce a nice wave. You’ll see in the video. I don’t recall it taking as long on the SA or SL but it has been a while since I’ve been on them, so maybe this is just a Swell vs Flow thing.

Overall, really impressed with the boat and I think folks will like it! Go demo one and I think you’ll be impressed too. It packs a big punch for the smallest size boat Supra offers!
    Last edited by haknslash; 09-12-2023 at 07:57 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Half the caddys I looked at had at least a 10k market adjustment on them and the chevy dealer across the street has had them since 2021 on vettes and Silverados.
    Ford has them on gt350/500s and last time the hyundai was getting the oil changed, all the N-series had 5 or 10k.
    Here in sin city, it's "normal" to see market adjustments on even entry cars since 2021.
    ford raptor owner here, people paying $50k+ for the R model in dealer markups, and STILL can't find one available.

Thanks for the review Hak!
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Thanks for the review Hak!
    Yessir, happy to share.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold