Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    It’s usually the positive terminal area and fuse block that get damaged. These are not my pics but are from another Max owner. I haven’t bothered opening mine up to see what would or could be salvaged as I was hoping the replacement would have made it by now but it has apparently been on back order. Not sure for how long but my warranty claim got approved on July 1st. Sometimes the relay module can be repaired and beefed up with a larger positive terminal post. The theory is it’s too small and it isn’t suitably sized for the amount of current being drawn through it. My first one that melted got hot enough to warp the fuse block area and caused a short. Pump was running in reverse and all kinds of weird stuff lol. The second module that went out on me, I knew what it likely was the second I got a whiff of the electrical burning smell having gone down this road before.

Looks like a very repairable assembly with parts from a local parts store or Amazon. If you can't get the part from the dealer in time, post up some pictures of the damage, I'm sure the community can help get you on the water with a short term repair. I've made so many pig tails over the years to get thru these moments. As an example I've got one to actuate lencos.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately nope. The part is on back order. Drew is trying to help salvage my vacation for next week. They are supposed to get a batch of them in around August 2nd.
    I was told the same thing. Warranty has been approved but Moomba won't have the parts until the 2nd so I am getting my dealer to see if they can overnight them to them so I can be on the water this weekend........
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Unfortunately nope. The part is on back order. Drew is trying to help salvage my vacation for next week. They are supposed to get a batch of them in around August 2nd.
    Did they salvage your trip for you?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Got it today unexpectedly. I swing by the dealer to grab some fat sacs and there it was just arrived fresh off the ups truck lol.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Got it today unexpectedly. I swing by the dealer to grab some fat sacs and there it was just arrived fresh off the ups truck lol.

Nice! So are you fixing it your self or are they doing it?

I don't think my part has come in yet but I guess they fixed it so that it works for the rest of the season and then will swap it out when I take it to get winterized this fall.....
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Well that didn’t last long. 2 surf sessions in and now the new port rear relay module won’t drain. No fuses blown or breakers tripped from what I can tell. It was hell trying to use a tsunami pump to drain so much water. It barely fit in the bag port but we got lost of the water out so I could get back to the dock without being heavily listed over. Now running around to pull the boat out of the water and back to the dealer. Frustrated would be an understatement. I get it, stuff happens with boats, but this is clearly some kind of flaw with these ballast system on these boats. Every time it’s the port rear module that causes trouble and if this one goes out that will be the 3rd one on my 2019 boat. Thankfully this happened on our last full vacation day. Not a single boat stopped by while we sat there bobbing up and down in rough waters for 30-45 minutes with all the rear hatches open and I’m down inside the storage locker getting tossed lol.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold