Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you save my weekend?! LOL

Been away for a bit so how is everyone?!

So 2019 Makai port ballast won’t fill…. It will drain but not fill at all. Fuses are good but doesn’t look like you can switch the relay behind the wall in the rear locker. They look like 1 piece in that black box. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Check your ballast relay module for melting signs on the positive side. Located in the rear bulkhead wall towards the stern. Mine recently melted again.

Last edited by haknslash; 07-02-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

We had this issue with our front ballast. The pumps sounded like they were running, but the bag wouldn't fill. I opened up the covers and checked each impeller, which were intact, but one of the lines was full of water. Drained it out, screwed the impeller covers back on, and it did the trick.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Check your ballast relay module for melting signs on the positive side. Located in the rear bulkhead wall towards the stern. Mine recently melted again.

Ya mine has signs of melting did the dealer fix quickly?

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Yup already have the warranty claim approved. Skiers Choice will want pics. I sent pics to dealer and they sent to SC. Got the approval same day SC received pics.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Yup already have the warranty claim approved. Skiers Choice will want pics. I sent pics to dealer and they sent to SC. Got the approval same day SC received pics.
    Okay good to know. Boat still runs so it isn’t ruining the weekend but is a bummer. Sounds like I am pulling it on Tuesday and taking back to the city with me. Happy 4th and thanks.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Have you gotten this issue resolved?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Unfortunately nope. The part is on back order. Drew is trying to help salvage my vacation for next week. They are supposed to get a batch of them in around August 2nd.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Do you have a zoomed out pic of the relay? Trying to understand how the relay works/is wired. You might be able to salvage the vacation with a relay off Amazon.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Do you have a zoomed out pic of the relay? Trying to understand how the relay works/is wired. You might be able to salvage the vacation with a relay off Amazon.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    It’s usually the positive terminal area and fuse block that get damaged. These are not my pics but are from another Max owner. I haven’t bothered opening mine up to see what would or could be salvaged as I was hoping the replacement would have made it by now but it has apparently been on back order. Not sure for how long but my warranty claim got approved on July 1st. Sometimes the relay module can be repaired and beefed up with a larger positive terminal post. The theory is it’s too small and it isn’t suitably sized for the amount of current being drawn through it. My first one that melted got hot enough to warp the fuse block area and caused a short. Pump was running in reverse and all kinds of weird stuff lol. The second module that went out on me, I knew what it likely was the second I got a whiff of the electrical burning smell having gone down this road before.

Last edited by haknslash; 07-25-2023 at 10:23 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold