Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Craft

I would not count on MSRP ever dropping. It's never happened in automotive and highly doubt it will happen in recreation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I would not count on MSRP ever dropping. It's never happened in automotive and highly doubt it will happen in recreation.

Tesla keeps doing it to sell cars.....one can only hope....lol
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Is there a max price where the wakeboat industry just implodes. I see posts all the time where someone says they are priced out. I bet a lot of people are paying month to month and plan to sell or upgrade before ever paying off the boat. Essentially a lot of the boats are being leased.

I was talking to the dealer the other day and he said 150-160k for a makai. Someone posted the 2013 G23 price was around mid 90k. 10 years later and it’s over 200k. I just feel like it has to get to a point where people just refuse to pay the prices for new boats.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Is there a max price where the wakeboat industry just implodes. I see posts all the time where someone says they are priced out. I bet a lot of people are paying month to month and plan to sell or upgrade before ever paying off the boat. Essentially a lot of the boats are being leased.

I was talking to the dealer the other day and he said 150-160k for a makai. Someone posted the 2013 G23 price was around mid 90k. 10 years later and it’s over 200k. I just feel like it has to get to a point where people just refuse to pay the prices for new boats.
    If we are not already there we are close. $160k for a Makai....pretty sure that is SL level cost. Local-ish Bu dealer still has 22's on the lot at 35% off and cannot dump them. 35% off ridiculous just makes them "normal" expensive.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Boat Market has slowed, my dealer has inventory of moombas and Supras.

160k Makai is crazy. It was mentioned above about being priced out, I am officially priced out of a Supra and damn near priced out of a moomba.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Boat Market has slowed, my dealer has inventory of moombas and Supras.

160k Makai is crazy. It was mentioned above about being priced out, I am officially priced out of a Supra and damn near priced out of a moomba.

Larry,
    You being in Michigan, I'm sure you look at it like I do. It's a lot of coin for maybe 4 months. I love it but I can make do with current or another used upgrade later in life.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

This is what has ultimately pushed me to pull the trigger on the "last" 23 Mojo built slot. I've been waiting for deals on the used market and just haven't found one on a boat we like but I know they're coming. That said, the deals will likely be relative to the ever rising MSRP's. My dealer sold their last build slot shortly after the boat show this spring so we were out on a new Moomba til 24. But then he kept calling about build slots that would open up. I'd move to slow and miss the opportunity. The "last" slot opened up and to my surprise it it didn't fill for several days of pondering.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

lots of good opinions in here that I think a lot are going to come to fruition.

toy manufacturers have been pretty greedy in the last 3 years imo(yes, I don't blame 'em). most all took covid cash even if not needed and have been jacking prices up over the last 3 years while collecting what I would bet are record profits and now it's all coming back around. 'bu had 30% and 20% growth over the last 2 years. betting all other toy dealers were similar.

I'm with larry in that msrp's on current models won't drop but I bet discounts become much larger across all lines into '24 and builders will start dropping one model to bring in another at a lower pricepoint. IE.. SA goes away and Launch22 comes back. same hull. a few less standard features. msrp 20% less than SA. I see that play coming over the next couple years for some builders.

we have been priced out for 2 years on the new market but it's not due to affordability, it's due to the perceived value of spending over 100k for something that gets used 30-50hrs/yr. betting a lot are in our shoes.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sandm- I like that thought on a launch22, but I think SC is trying to keep the Supra line as the premier line and the Moomba line as the less expensive option. If SC was to introduce a cheaper Supra, it would put the lines too close together in my opinion.

I saw a guy trying to sell a 2016 G23 with 550 engine for 110k. He’s not having a lot of interest. That boat would have sold for 115-120k last year. It also would have sold for 85-95k back in 2019. Maybe we are heading for the correction. So if you are like me a bought a 2023, I hope you plan on keeping it for awhile. I don’t see boats continuing to appreciate. I think that was an anomaly of the past couple years, but I see boats going back to a depreciating asset.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Wave tech has peaked in my opinion. Even my last SA was so dialed in.

Powertrain is bulletproof

Interiors are loaded with features, great screens, tech and audio.

Tower is elite

Hull design is edgy

Thrusters are really functional

What else do the luxury brands offer?

I want for nothing.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan