Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Craft

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    A mid grade Mastercraft at $250k. Good grief.

Has anyone drove or surfed an X or XT?

I know the Klipsch sound is not well liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been on the X22, not the X24 or X26 to ride.
    Have not been on a recent XStar.
    Been on a few XTs, not the bigger XT25.

All were nice on the Interior - fit/finish. I think they always had good interior design/function.
    Drove nice too. All were able to get out of the water quickly. Good surf waves, but I know the bigger 24s/26s get huge waves. All were dialed-in already with add'l weight in the right locations.
    Owners to complain about Klipsch sound system. But as a visitor onboard, it was just music to me.

Fricken towers are UGLY. Centurion is also not pleasing to the eye with that wacky speaker look.
    Hope SC does not move to a future redesign and make the PTM that ugly.
    2018 Supra SL400

Says a lot to go SL to ATX back to an SE.

A dialed in Supra is going to surf as well as any brand. MC and Nautty may be more luxury
    (I still argue MC's are ugly and tower is unforgivable), But Supra has all I need and just left my affordability scale in the last year.

This economy is not going to help either. Inflation, interest rates and lack of wages remotely keeping up will hurt most.

But we all can agree, boats are a luxury not a need.

12gph, wow. How is he calculating his gph? I just did 10 hours last week, mix of cruise and surf and estimated 20 gallons used on a 400, and crew of 9.

Does he literally run surf mode 6-7 hours non stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk of

When we surf with 2 adults and 1k lead we are typically about that 12gph as well. I think the 575 is constantly under boost while surfing. Rpm’s run about 3450 at 11.5mph
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    What model? That's a crazy amount to discount something. You would think the mfg's would just adjust the msrp down. I think that would help sales more in an overall perspective. If there is someone who has never purchased a boat before and doesn't know dealers have that kind of leeway with discounts, they may see the manufacturer suggested price and never even try to buy one.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    The mfg won’t change the msrp because in the eyes of the consumer it “devalues” the product. It’s easier to put a rebate or incentivize the dealer to discount the product instead with factory help.

Yeah. I see the bad press with lowering msrp. I guess the point I was trying to make, but didn't word so well, is that the MSRP's never should have gotten as high as they are.
    And that the average Joe that may have a family and has never boated before, but is thinking about getting into boating, might decide they need to look at a different hobby if they went window shopping for a new boat. Unless dealers put signs, and online ads out there telling people they can expect to pay a lot less than msrp.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Interesting thread. We bought our 2008 outback V as a holdover in 2009. I believe we paid around $33K which according to the inflation calculator would be about $47K in today's dollars. It's been an awesome boat that my boys have grown up on. Today's new boats certainly have more to offer in terms of comfort, build quality, and technology- but I'm not sure I'll get more than double the utility out of a new one as the trusty OBV. I'll be watching prices if there ends up being some 2023 models available in 2024.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    I'll be watching prices if there ends up being some 2023 models available in 2024.
    betting you will have choices. currently 2300 2023's for sale on OI and 110 are SC products. might not be quite the selection one would want but there will be leftovers. pricing and interest rates are a whole different conversation unless you are shopping mc or 'bu/axis, I don't suspect most of the other brands are sweating inventory.. yet...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Master Craft

I read that centurion was offering significant factory discounts on remaining 2023's
    20k-35k

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-18-2023 at 12:19 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I read that centurion was offering significant factory discounts on remaining 2023's
    20k-35k
    35k on a 180k boat is less than 20% and I bet that the 35k is on 200k+ boats. mjb929 posted up in the other supra thread that he got 17% off and that's from a boat line that doesn't appear to have a lot of inventory parked.
    I'll use the word significant whey they hit 30%. have seen that on holdovers pre-covid.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    35k on a 180k boat is less than 20% and I bet that the 35k is on 200k+ boats. mjb929 posted up in the other supra thread that he got 17% off and that's from a boat line that doesn't appear to have a lot of inventory parked.
    I'll use the word significant whey they hit 30%. have seen that on holdovers pre-covid.
    The only difference is this is factory cash, dealers still have their discounts they can choose to offer on top.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

We have Malbiu's around the mid-west going at 30%+ discount for hold over 2022's this late in the 2023 season. If they drop much more it might be too good to pass up.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow