Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Craft

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Better engine panel system to stop the pop outs would be #1 on my list.
    For boats without subfloor ballast, I can't believe they haven't figured this one out yet....seems so easy/obvious.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Can you explain this one further? Do you mean you want less water ballast for the same wave?
    I think he is saying at boat that doesn't have to run 100 full ballast all the time to get a great surfable wave. My boat has the amplitude buttons but they are worthless and do nothing. Maybe a better hull design that doesn't require as much weight but in a lighter hull that doesn't suck fuel constantly. But at that point you are bending the laws of physics and engineering to get more displacement from less weight. Who knows maybe it just hasn't been figured out yet.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I haven't rode in any of the new 2022 Moombas (or any Supra) that have the stock sound dampening but engine noise would be my number #1 issue. I want to hear as little of the engine as possible.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    I think he is saying at boat that doesn't have to run 100 full ballast all the time to get a great surfable wave. My boat has the amplitude buttons but they are worthless and do nothing. Maybe a better hull design that doesn't require as much weight but in a lighter hull that doesn't suck fuel constantly. But at that point you are bending the laws of physics and engineering to get more displacement from less weight. Who knows maybe it just hasn't been figured out yet.
    ^^ yes ^^

Did you get your boat fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    ^^ yes ^^

Did you get your boat fixed?

I did! Did I pass you on Tellico yesterday?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Subfloor ballast fixes that problem
    couple issues with this. bags create mold/cleaning issues, hard to access and can pop. mb uses hard tanks but to do so they have to jettison all the floatation foam to be nmma certed. big deal to some, not to others and when the actuators fail to open to drain, have seen boats being trailered to get off the water leaning to one side. adds a lot of stress to a trailer to get off the water. there's a way to open manually but not many want to go underwater to do so.

Zero interest in an E boat or E trucks, useless
    haha. agree 100%.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    'bu and centurion had or still have the wedge and switchblade. they were designed to pull the ass end down into the water and make the wave larger without more ballast. most feedback will say they were money for boarders but surfing, don't check the option box. I believe there's a reason that other builders are not using them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Rename the thread…Current state of the Wakeboat industry???
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

On our lake, one would never guess there is a pull back in the wakeboat industry. By far the most new wake boats in a year, this year, and most of them are Mastercraft. I feel for the folks laid off and the ones who remain, it's a stressful time. I haven't been involved with a cyclic industry but spend 2 decades in an industry that died out with countless layoffs. One positive from my experience is the tough times drive innovation and positive change.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Wave tech has peaked in my opinion.

I want for nothing.
    For surfing, I think you're right but in the back of my mind I've always wanted to try out the wave of all the other boats and get more perspective on the differences. I remember when I first got into it and people were saying how a Tige hull/wave is so different than a Nautique, than a Supra, than a Centurion, etc.
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    For surfing, I think you're right but in the back of my mind I've always wanted to try out the wave of all the other boats and get more perspective on the differences. I remember when I first got into it and people were saying how a Tige hull/wave is so different than a Nautique, than a Supra, than a Centurion, etc.
    I am sure all brands can put out an excellent wave, but I doubt any are truly superior to another assuming you have your wave dialed in.

Another concern is driveability....Super easy to drive an SC boat at 9 deg bow rise.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan