Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Craft

I have never seen boat MSRP's drop. The damage done by a few years of high inflation is permenant, it just set the new baseline. Even if inflation drops to sub 4%, MSRP's won't drop.

Perhaps the discounts will partially offset high MSRP, that's how capitalism works. Simple supply and demand.

I understand Tesla did in the EV world, only difference is EV competition got really heavy forcing Tesla to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I have never seen boat MSRP's drop. The damage done by a few years of high inflation is permenant, it just set the new baseline. Even if inflation drops to sub 4%, MSRP's won't drop.

Perhaps the discounts will partially offset high MSRP, that's how capitalism works. Simple supply and demand.

I understand Tesla did in the EV world, only difference is EV competition got really heavy forcing Tesla to compete.

I agree. Think about the SA prices over the years starting from that 2018. That was a great boat for a good price.
    2018 Supra SL400

The 2018 SA400 could be had right at or below 100k fully loaded. It is an awesome boat. The crazy part is 2018's sell for more now than when they were new.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Do boat builders ever do that? I assume that's why different models come out.
    no one ever drops msrp. taking same basic "unit" for sale and creating a new model are the best ways to drop msrp.
    I think 'bu and mc are showing where the market will be going. other boat builders don't have the inventory out there that they do but having that excess hurts all.
    people will balk at a 15% discount on a supra boat IF the competing mc/bu are 30% off. ANY good salesman will be able to show the benefits to a new customer why buying a bu/mc is better than SC.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sorry, just noticed it’s a left over 2022 boat..but still a decent discount..

The 2023 Mastercrafts appear to be about -20% discount..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Max

Default Master Craft

A mid grade Mastercraft at $250k. Good grief.

Has anyone drove or surfed an X or XT?

I know the Klipsch sound is not well liked.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    A mid grade Mastercraft at $250k. Good grief.

Has anyone drove or surfed an X or XT?

I know the Klipsch sound is not well liked.

Hard to surf behind a boat designed for the ultimate tubing experience.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

cousin buys his boats from prestige in boise. they sell SC, tige and mc. last year he told me the owner was using an x24 as his summer boat as he loved the wake.
    my opinion, he had a hard time keeping tige and SC in stock. use what you can't sell.

interesting note, he had an SL last year. i got to surf it and it was awesome to say the least sans the pricetag. he sold it and bought a 22atx as he didn't want the large price. used it a couple of outings this year and he sent me a couple pics of his new 575SE. says it's even better than the SL except the 12gph when surfing....

Default Master Craft

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    cousin buys his boats from prestige in boise. they sell SC, tige and mc. last year he told me the owner was using an x24 as his summer boat as he loved the wake.
    my opinion, he had a hard time keeping tige and SC in stock. use what you can't sell.

interesting note, he had an SL last year. i got to surf it and it was awesome to say the least sans the pricetag. he sold it and bought a 22atx as he didn't want the large price. used it a couple of outings this year and he sent me a couple pics of his new 575SE. says it's even better than the SL except the 12gph when surfing....
    Says a lot to go SL to ATX back to an SE.

A dialed in Supra is going to surf as well as any brand. MC and Nautty may be more luxury
    (I still argue MC's are ugly and tower is unforgivable), But Supra has all I need and just left my affordability scale in the last year.

This economy is not going to help either. Inflation, interest rates and lack of wages remotely keeping up will hurt most.

But we all can agree, boats are a luxury not a need.

12gph, wow. How is he calculating his gph? I just did 10 hours last week, mix of cruise and surf and estimated 20 gallons used on a 400, and crew of 9.

Does he literally run surf mode 6-7 hours non stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk of
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-11-2023 at 12:18 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I believe all they do is surf. he used to board but when I was there last summer not a single board was seen. I'm sure it's simply a matter of full tank, 4hts surfing and 48 gallon fill up later. guessing that's his math. the day I went out they ran around 4hrs and it was nonstop one rider after another. he put in around 45gallons that day in his old SL with the 575.
    our tige with the 400 was using around 3gph mix of 30mph to get to the cove and surfing.

I do agree with the comments on supra. if I was in the market for a top tier boat, it would be supra or centurion. no questions asked.