Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Looks like hose barb on tank to qd on bag. Rerouting the hose is going to be a pain in the ass. I might just wrap with flex seal tape and patch for now, until the season is over. What I can’t fathom is how this hose failed or got punctured.
    I would bet lunch there is a screw point close to that hose and after years of making contact it finally punctured.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I looked for one with my bore scope. It’s directly under the walkway from midship to bow. There is nothing there. So weird. I’m
    Going to pull the hose today from the hard tank side and inspect and wrap with flex seal tape. I’ll take some pics of the failure.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Spoke to soon. It’s not the hose. I wrapped with flex seal. Started to fill. Once center tank got to top I saw the leak. Here is a video of leak. It’s coming from the top mod tank where the circular hole for structure is located. https://imgur.com/a/L5Hpf0E
    https://imgur.com/a/L5Hpf0E

As long as my bilge works. We are going to surf. Once the bow bag fills and the bar drank is full and not under pressure the leak stops. Good I hope Moomba will do something for me since I’m out of warranty.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Spoke to soon. It’s not the hose. I wrapped with flex seal. Started to fill. Once center tank got to top I saw the leak. Here is a video of leak. It’s coming from the top mod tank where the circular hole for structure is located. https://imgur.com/a/L5Hpf0E
    https://imgur.com/a/L5Hpf0E

As long as my bilge works. We are going to surf. Once the bow bag fills and the bar drank is full and not under pressure the leak stops. Good I hope Moomba will do something for me since I’m out of warranty.
    So not sure how that happens. Either a weak spot in the mold of the tank or your tank was over 1/2 full during the winter. I highly doubt you left the tank with water in it over the winter but I cannot mansplain that hole location at all.

Can you get epoxy in that area? I would dry the area, wipe with alcohol to clean, and try to epoxy fill the hole/seam.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

It was definitely empty thru the winter lol. Me either. Really kisses me off. I hope the dealer is kind. Drew tinker from the blog said go see the dealer. It kills me because my warranty just ran out and leaky hard tanks are rare. Well, I got one.

Not sure I can get in there with epoxy. Maybe. Im not even sure what to use. Im going to see what the dealer says. If it’s astronomical, I’ll try and pull tank this winter.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Does anyone know how to buy an additional cover for the hole that covers the access to the center drain plug?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Finally getting around to dealing with this. I’ve got to empty my fuel tank before I can pull that and hard tank. What is the best way. I bought hand pump for fuel but the tubing is too short to reach the gas in the tank. Anyone know how long of a hose I need to reach the bottom of the fuel tank or a better way to do this. Of course the fuel tank is full from winterizing.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Can you just disconnect the line leaving the fuel pump and attach a hose there to fill your cans? Let the boats fuel pump do the work.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Maybe. Haven’t thought of that.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Becareful doing this.

The fuel pump runs to prime the system prior to starting. Since you are pumping and not priming it could throw a code and then to clear it you would need the dealer.

Other option is to just use your hand pump after you disconnect your fill line. The hand pump should turn into a siphon once it gets going.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow