Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On rock auto when I look for the 99 silverado it comes up with a 5.3 V8 but if I look up the C1500 pickup they have the 5.7 V8

"Is that with or without air?" LOL! Some of you might understand my lame humor in that comment.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    On rock auto when I look for the 99 silverado it comes up with a 5.3 V8 but if I look up the C1500 pickup they have the 5.7 V8
    1999 is a mid-year cycle change. Use 1998 Silverado for Vortec 5700 parts. The C1500 is the same also. 1998.5 the switched form 5.0/5.7 engine to 5.3 motors and later 6.0.

5.0/5.7 is your block.......the 5.3 is LS based and won't work.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    "Is that with or without air?" LOL! Some of you might understand my lame humor in that comment.

Is the 6th digit in the vin a "U"? LOL!
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

As a teenager I can remember going into the autoparts store to buy, oh say brake pads or spark plug wires and the guy behind the computer typing my vehicle in is just firing off questions like "is that a 6 cylinder or 8, 4.6 liter or 5.0? Air or no air? Power steering?" I'm like dude do you really think that matters for the parts I am asking for? LOL!

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    As a teenager I can remember going into the autoparts store to buy, oh say brake pads or spark plug wires and the guy behind the computer typing my vehicle in is just firing off questions like "is that a 6 cylinder or 8, 4.6 liter or 5.0? Air or no air? Power steering?" I'm like dude do you really think that matters for the parts I am asking for? LOL!

I know what you are talking about. For a short time in college I worked at Pepboys for a stint. I grew up around engines and vehicles so many times I would skip the questions and just pull the parts. If the person wanted to be rude, I would ask every question I could think of and "maybe" it was in stock and "maybe not". Sometimes those question did matter, but other time you question why a 5.0 mustang has 4 different type of alternators! (Not picking on Ford, just an example)
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I know what you are talking about. For a short time in college I worked at Pepboys for a stint. I grew up around engines and vehicles so many times I would skip the questions and just pull the parts. If the person wanted to be rude, I would ask every question I could think of and "maybe" it was in stock and "maybe not". Sometimes those question did matter, but other time you question why a 5.0 mustang has 4 different type of alternators! (Not picking on Ford, just an example)
    Oh yeah, I get your point and can definitely agree on rude people. And I know the systems are set up like that ( to ask all these questions in order to zero in on the correct part for a vehicle) to make sure the guy, or girl, or kid, behind the counter who might not know squat about them not make a mistake. But, I guess that's my point. Sometimes questions were asked that just didn't matter. That's how I always knew if the person behind the counter knew cars or not. And sometimes the guy would do just as you said and skip right through all that to get to the part numbers.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    1999 is a mid-year cycle change. Use 1998 Silverado for Vortec 5700 parts. The C1500 is the same also. 1998.5 the switched form 5.0/5.7 engine to 5.3 motors and later 6.0.

5.0/5.7 is your block.......the 5.3 is LS based and won't work.
    much appreciated