Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    The water sensors wrapped around the vent hoses are the sensors that shutoff the pumps.
    Yep. Agreed.

The draft sensor/pole is for autowake to determine your amplitude/amount of draft. Autowake boats will have both sensors. I want to say after 2021 some boats or either some years they changed the sensor style to a longer tube vs the slide on style but can’t be sure when and which boats. I think I’ve seen it both ways. Mine has the style that just slide along the tubing.
    Kinda hard to say....in the first picture Brent has, it looks possible that the sensor is separate from the tube. But if he also has the draft sensor above the transmission, like I've posted in mine, what does the tube do on his rear bags? Maybe the 22's are measuring draft in different places? Multiple draft sensors?

If the older water sensor is smaller/compact, I would find it odd that they made a newer one that was larger and more obtuse to mount. It's just measuring whether water is in the line or not.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Pulled my sensor tube out today to do this mod since I have such a poor wave. My tube has a straight barbed fitting on the top and a hard 90 made into the bottom. I have a walemakers overflow hose with check valve they sent with my old bags that I never installed that I may fit into the top hose. I am going to see if adding some length to the bottom hose will be enough to raise the whole unit without kinking the new piece of hose.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Send some pics of before and after

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Matt Brown posted some good info on the FB group and he plans to discuss more on the forum. I always appreciate his insight and learned more about the ballast system.

Here is his post:

Sounds like we need to do another "tips of the day" series. There are 2 different ballast sensors. Both are looking for actual water. The front uses a "flow" sensor that is toward the end of the vent line. By the time water reaches that sensor, the water in the bag is full and that is why you see water flowing out. The rear sensor is on a tube. Because the tube is closer to bag, the system shuts off when the bag is full and you don't see water come out. But on the screen you will see a red dot indicating the sensor is actually full. If you are overfilling then you are really only putting more pressure on the bags and especially the bag fittings. If you keep doing that you will likely have problems with your bag fittings as they will become the weak link if you over pressurize the bags. The system actually measures the time and will learn and increase or decrease your timers automatically after 5 fill cycles. You can go to vessel settings and you can see the change in timers. As to venting, there are vent fittings built in that will slowly vent air. There is also an auto fill in smart tech that will go back and fill as air vents out.

Bottom line is there is a lot going on in the system. Use it however you like but just be warned that if you are always overfilling your rear bags you might eventually pop a fitting.

I will try to explain more later on the Moomba forum.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

My only problem with the vent caps he refers to is that they are extremely slow to vent. I have not added a vent hoses with my wakemaker bags and if I dont open one of those perforated caps and get all the air out while they are filling, my bags end up with a huge air pocket bubble across the whole top of them.

2021 Moomba Makai

Matt Brown posted some good info on the FB group and he plans to discuss more on the forum. I always appreciate his insight and learned more about the ballast system.

Here is his post:

Sounds like we need to do another "tips of the day" series. There are 2 different ballast sensors. Both are looking for actual water. The front uses a "flow" sensor that is toward the end of the vent line. By the time water reaches that sensor, the water in the bag is full and that is why you see water flowing out. The rear sensor is on a tube. Because the tube is closer to bag, the system shuts off when the bag is full and you don't see water come out. But on the screen you will see a red dot indicating the sensor is actually full. If you are overfilling then you are really only putting more pressure on the bags and especially the bag fittings. If you keep doing that you will likely have problems with your bag fittings as they will become the weak link if you over pressurize the bags. The system actually measures the time and will learn and increase or decrease your timers automatically after 5 fill cycles. You can go to vessel settings and you can see the change in timers. As to venting, there are vent fittings built in that will slowly vent air. There is also an auto fill in smart tech that will go back and fill as air vents out.

Bottom line is there is a lot going on in the system. Use it however you like but just be warned that if you are always overfilling your rear bags you might eventually pop a fitting.

I will try to explain more later on the Moomba forum.
    Thank you for posting this Hak but I gotta say, I'm really disappointed that SC didn't reply here...to this thread, first.

The Moomba FB group is great resource for people that opt-in to FB, but forum.moomba.com should be the first place all of the public, technical, bulletins/advice/etc from official SC sources lands.

What got me to buy my latest boat and the reason I show any degree of brand loyalty to SC, was all the support I got on here (from all of you) for my previous LSV and the advice I continue to get with my Mojo.

I know I'm just one guy but if they choose to shift their online community management to focus more on FB then I'm out.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

He used to be active on here and would provide great details and insight. I too wished they would post this stuff here as well be FB.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Yep. According to my wife and kids I may be weird, but am not a FB user.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Thank you for posting this Hak but I gotta say, I'm really disappointed that SC didn't reply here...to this thread, first.

The social media Fbook side has over 20k members now. A lot more "eyes" than here.

But I agree, this forum-type of media is better for searching and thread discussions. Thus why Matt will eventually post something here.

A YouTube video would be cool to explain while in the boat showing the screen and/or sensors.
    2018 Supra SL400

Wonder how many of those FB users are bots? I have been to some security conferences that had Homeland Security, FBI, NSA, and GEMA speakers/presenters. And you would be surprised at how many artificial intelligence bots are out there on social media sites and apps posting just like real people. We may have some scary times ahead.

2021 Moomba Makai