Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How big are each of the upgrade bags and total weight?

Are you adding lead to move around too?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    How big are each of the upgrade bags and total weight?

Are you adding lead to move around too?
    From about 900 to 1,345 per side in the rear. Close to 5,000 total now. No lead. We are completely satisfied with the wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    From about 900 to 1,345 per side in the rear. Close to 5,000 total now. No lead. We are completely satisfied with the wake.

I did the same to my 2021 Makai. Honestly my wake is great in my opinion too. Even with a crew of only 5 or so in the boat. Dukabor and Hayden and some others have also added lead to this same setup. Im sure their waves are even bigger, and I had considered adding lead to mine too. Hayden's, wave is probably gigantic with what he has added! And I am in no way against being able to produce a giant wave. But, my son last week was asking me if I could lower the wave some for him when I had 10 peeps in the boat. So I'm satisfied with the simple bag swap to the wakemakers without lead. Just my opinion. For now anyway......

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HFarr; 06-07-2023 at 06:52 PM.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks for this write up, I know on the test run it was like I was back in my low rider days hitting the switches to get the bags to fill…. I have accumulated all the parts for the vent hose upgrade as well, I’ll gather up these parts and do it as a whole!

As a note, we did pop a panel (I have mine reinforced with angle iron) when filling the new bags, but after draining and readjusting them the bloated up huge without popping the panels, I am going to add some angle iron to reinforce the bottom channel just for the heck of it as well though

I will also say, I am so glad to be right of the storage trays to fit these bags, sooo easy to ‘guide’ them when filling !

Thanks again for an awesome write up!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Sweet. Rode in 2017 SG last summer with those big bags. Nice wave. All water weight.

2018 Supra SL400

I think this is also your draft sensor, yes? I've attached a picture of mine and where they placed it in the Mojo. I think it's odd that they put it in-line with the vent in one boat and standalone, above the trasmission, in another boat. I guess there wouldn't be any difference as it's just measuring when the water hits a certain level but wondering why they didn't standardize.

2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Actually that’s a separate system altogether. My boat has that sensor bar too. Hooked directly to the hull floor with a ball valve.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Exactly what Brent just said...the draft sensor is not the same as the ballast fill sensors. That last photo shows it, but here is a zoomed out photo as well. It is attached in front of the engine on the "firewall", between the back seat and engine.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

So then why does the Makai have a Waketouch tube on (I assume) each of the rear ballast compartments? The mojo just has the circuit board part of the water sensor wrapped around the vent hose, but not the tube.

If you have a draft sensor above the transmission like I do, what is the waketouch tube doing in your rear ballast compartments? What is it measuring?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

The water sensors wrapped around the vent hoses are the sensors that shutoff the pumps. The draft sensor/pole is for autowake to determine your amplitude/amount of draft. Autowake boats will have both sensors. I want to say after 2021 some boats or either some years they changed the sensor style to a longer tube vs the slide on style but can’t be sure when and which boats. I think I’ve seen it both ways. Mine has the style that just slide along the tubing.
    Last edited by haknslash; 07-02-2023 at 08:35 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold