Default 2019 Moomba Max Delay In Shifting

Hello everyone!

Apologies if this has already been talked about here. The boat shifts into reverse instantly, however, there is a 2.5ish-second delay when shifting into forward. Is this normal? No weird sounds or anything.

Thanks for any insight!
    2019 Moomba Max
    Indmar Raptor 400

Are you referring to the amount the lever has to move before it engages or saying it’s taking more time than normal to engage?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Funny, because my 2021 Makai takes just a second for reverse to engage. A slight push on the forward throttle almost instantly engages the drive just like you would expect. However when I do an easy shift into reverse, it takes a second to engage. No harsh sounds or hard knocks. It's smooth as can be, but it just takes a noticeable second. I just thought it was normal. Now, if I shift quickly into reverse, as I have done a few times when I was coming into my boat slip a little hot due to rain catching us. It is pretty instant. I'm not sure I have helped answer anything here. Just my observations of my boats reactions.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I'll shift forward, then 2.5 seconds later, the prop starts to spin. Adds a bit of a challenge when docking or loading onto trailer to account for delays, haha.
    2019 Moomba Max
    Indmar Raptor 400

That is interesting... flipped around on your boat. Thanks for sharing your observations!
    2019 Moomba Max
    Indmar Raptor 400

Quote Originally Posted by apf4 View Post
    I'll shift forward, then 2.5 seconds later, the prop starts to spin. Adds a bit of a challenge when docking or loading onto trailer to account for delays, haha.
    That is not normal. We had an issue with that on a previous boat. It took a long time for the dealer to diagnose and correct but was a fault with the neutral selection switch. The boat wasn't sensing a return to neutral and was locking out the forward gear in the transmission. Have your dealer look at it under warranty.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)