Default Heater Duct Replacement

It's time to replace the heater duct on my 21' Kayien. It doesn't seem to take much to rip them, seems like it may be an annual maintenance item.. Anyways anyone have a better duct to use that may hold up a bit better but still fit? Also any pointers on how simple or hard they are to replace, I would like to avoid bringing it into the shop for this. Thank you!

-Greg
    2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by greghen View Post
    It's time to replace the heater duct on my 21' Kayien. It doesn't seem to take much to rip them, seems like it may be an annual maintenance item.. Anyways anyone have a better duct to use that may hold up a bit better but still fit? Also any pointers on how simple or hard they are to replace, I would like to avoid bringing it into the shop for this. Thank you!

-Greg
    Mine tore while under warranty and were replaced with far more durable materials. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the replacement tubes are from Heatercraft. Definitely a job that you can do yourself. I also have observed that the new tubes are much easier to stuff back into the storage sleeves under the seat when warm. The old, flimsy ones were impossible to put away until they cooled down. These are a pretty common marine part that should be available from most marine suppliers. I will have a look at mine and see if I can find a logo or part number.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop