Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bow ballast not filling

I have a 2019 helix just got it back from the dealer who stores it in the winter and noticed the front ball sack is not filling. They cannot service my boat until after memorial day. Any suggestions on what could be wrong? Maybe fuse needs to be reset? I’m thinking those fuses may be in the rear engine compartment?

If it’s only the front I’d make sure the intake valve is not closed from their service.

All my pumps are on a single breaker.

Could also be a loose connection at the pumps harness…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    If it’s only the front I’d make sure the intake valve is not closed from their service.

All my pumps are on a single breaker.

Could also be a loose connection at the pumps harness…

Thanks for response, yes just bow/center tank, rears are still filling - how can I check that the valve is not closed ? The switch lights up but I don’t hear any sound

Ha ha just noticed my typo - ballast sack not ball sack 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    Ha ha just noticed my typo - ballast sack not ball sack

If you don’t hear it turning on then it’s electrical for sure.

I’d check the pumps connection at the wiring harness.

Not sure about your boat model but all my pumps (Supra) are on a single breaker which is found in the engine compartment on the front wall.

Hopefully others can chime in soon.

Is the harness in the engine compartment as well?

I’m not sure where your front ballast pump is located. But it should have a quick connect harness about 4-5” from the pump itself.

If you have the G3 system...3 pumps. All the ballast pumps are behind false walls on the back rear lockers. If you have the G6 system....6 pumps. The 2 ballast pumps for the mid/front are under the fuel tank floor cover.
    The G3 system has 1 breaker the G6 has 2. Check in the engine cabinet and under the rear seats for the breaker. You should hear noise when they run but also check the ball vales under the v-drive cover. There should be 3 of them and they need to all be open for ballast and raw water cooling.

If the lights and switches light up and no motor/pump sound, you aren't getting power to the motors. Breakers or loose connection for sure.

Also check your bilge, I hade the front not filling all the way and the bag was leaking water into the bilge at a good rate. The water line connection amd the vents can all leak.
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 05-21-2023 at 07:38 PM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Turns out it was the impeller, the dealer said it was completely shot. Kind of disappointing I only got three seasons out of it. May as well replace the other two while I’m at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    Turns out it was the impeller, the dealer said it was completely shot. Kind of disappointing I only got three seasons out of it. May as well replace the other two while I’m at it.
    Wow. Don’t be. Most of us replace them 1x a year.

I do every season. You had a great run with yours!!!