Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just some friendly advise....the screw on clevis comes loose over time. Quick way to throw a box anchor out and get nothing but the leader pole back. You can run stainless steel wire through the wing nut eyelet and create a locking fasener.

Don't want to loose that 1, it is super fancy and the flake is a nice touch. Did you get a bag with yours?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

LMAO at the lure. I probably could catch a marlin with it

I lost my old one last season because I was stupid and used a carabiner for the eyelet. Don’t ever do that. Went to toss it out and didn’t realize the carabiner had got stuck open and well, down she went without the rope attached lol. That mistake won’t happen this time. I used a heavy duty wire tie to lock the screw in last time and it seemed to work. Safety wire would be better than a heavy duty wire tie so I’ll go that route this time since it’s a little more pricey and nice looking lol. Yea I got a bag with it but chose blue instead of the gray I had last time, so at least the blue bag will kind of go with my blue boat heh. Totally contrasting colors, I know, but just wanted to change it up.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Went out with Knoxmojo last week on the mighty Ron Burgundy and got ropeless on the port wave finally. Still riding goofy which is unnatural having your back to the wave. But making progress!

2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Went out with Knoxmojo last week on the mighty Ron Burgundy and got ropeless on the port wave finally. Still riding goofy which is unnatural having your back to the wave. But making progress!
    Looking good. It feels strange to ride with your back to the wave and have it lift up on your heals. I need to work on my transfers more this summer.

Hak thats one fancy looking anchor. Im digging the green flake.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Looking good. It feels strange to ride with your back to the wave and have it lift up on your heals. I need to work on my transfers more this summer.

Hak thats one fancy looking anchor. Im digging the green flake.
    Do it every set for a few minutes and it will start to feel more natural. I like riding backside better these days, feels very natural

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Took the Makai out this weekend with my daughter and some of her friends. Everything went well except for my reinforced middle engine divider popping out over the channel on my port side. Yes , reinforced with 2 c-channels too. Just the middle section. Strange...I am going to have to figure out why. Maybe I didn't run the channel quite as far down as I should have. Not sure exactly why it did, but I didn't have time to dig into it this weekend. I heard the loud pop and knew exactly what it was. A quick lift of the locker hatch verified it. No harm done though. This is a pic of my daughter's boyfriend surfing for the first time behind the boat. He beach surfs, so his instincts were pretty good. Maybe I won't have to shoot him now!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default May 2023 Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Took the Makai out this weekend with my daughter and some of her friends. Everything went well except for my reinforced middle engine divider popping out over the channel on my port side. Yes , reinforced with 2 c-channels too. Just the middle section. Strange...I am going to have to figure out why. Maybe I didn't run the channel quite as far down as I should have. Not sure exactly why it did, but I didn't have time to dig into it this weekend. I heard the loud pop and knew exactly what it was. A quick lift of the locker hatch verified it. No harm done though. This is a pic of my daughter's boyfriend surfing for the first time behind the boat. He beach surfs, so his instincts were pretty good. Maybe I won't have to shoot him now!

Honestly the shoot or not shoot would be more on if he can drive the boat. Less on if can he surf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Honestly the shoot or not shoot would be more on if he can drive the boat. Less on if can he surf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
    True! Ha Ha!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Went out yesterday and surprised that it wasn't near as busy as I expected out there. Got some foiling and surfing in. Wife got to try her new board out, had a great time and got off the water last night around 1130 last night after a fireworks show and a trip to a lakeside restaurant. Also got to check put my underwater lights not bad for stockers.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

We normally skip holiday weekends but wife and I had the day to ourselves without our daughter so off to the lake we went. We just grabbed a slough away from the chaos in the main channel and popular spots. Made for a relaxing day and water temps are rising quickly!

Wouldn’t be possible without those that gave their all….

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold