Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Installed wake makers direct fit rear bags. Now what

I installed this kit https://www.wakemakers.com/collectio...5963e430&_ss=c
    Other than change the timers what else do I need to do? Does anyone have a round about setting on the timmers?

2019 Moomba Mojo
    Tow Rig 2019 Ford F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1110 View Post
    I installed this kit https://www.wakemakers.com/collectio...5963e430&_ss=c
    Other than change the timers what else do I need to do? Does anyone have a round about setting on the timmers?
    You went from 900lb bags to 1,270lb bags.

Roughly 48 more gallons of water. G3 pump setup is 11gpm so 4 extra minutes or 13min total. G6 ballast is 23 gpm so 2 extra minutes 6 or 7 minutes total.

Getting the air out is the hardest part. Also make sure your plugs are tight. It seems like every year I purge water into my hull from forgetting this step.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have the g6 pumps. Do I need to do anything with the sensors?

2019 Moomba Mojo

I have the g6 pumps. Do I need to do anything with the sensors?
    On the Makai , you've gotta move em up or you'll be flipping switches off and on to get them full. Not "required," but nice to do.

I went a whole summer just opening the plugs to vent the air. This year I installed a line from that vent port and t'd it into overflow. Worth the ~$100 in parts and a few hours time to do.

Edit: have you reinforced the panels? Again, Makai owner, had to get the WM kit + some angle iron from the big orange store so they didn't buckle anymore. Learned the hard way after popping a coolant (Port?) off of my exhaust manifold.
    Last edited by dyrmz134; 05-07-2023 at 10:00 AM.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    On the Makai , you've gotta move em up or you'll be flipping switches off and on to get them full. Not "required," but nice to do.

I went a whole summer just opening the plugs to vent the air. This year I installed a line from that vent port and t'd it into overflow. Worth the ~$100 in parts and a few hours time to do.

Edit: have you reinforced the panels? Again, Makai owner, had to get the WM kit + some angle iron from the big orange store so they didn't buckle anymore. Learned the hard way after popping a coolant (Port?) off of my exhaust manifold.
    100 percent reinforce your engine panels! Not hard. Lowes or Home Depot, or wherever. Get some short pieces of c-chanel or angle and some stainless bolts. And some black spray paint, or heck, color match your boat. Here are mine before I painted them black. All those marks/scratches on my plastic panels are from where they popped out and rubbed on the engine before! LOL.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HFarr; 05-07-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

If you want to cover all your bases, after you've reinforced the engine dividers if you decide to do that, pull everything out of the boat (except the dry bags) and recalibrate your inclonometer.

I don't know it that wakemakers package had the fittings to T-splice back in to your existing vent lines but if it did not, I would consider that.

When you're setting your timers, I would fill up to 100%, drain to 0% and then start your timer on the 2nd fill to 100%. I've found if you do it off the first fill of the season or the first fill after a mod change, you can get inaccurate results. This works especially well if you have check valves on the vent lines to get them down to raisins.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I have a 2020 Mojo with the exact fit bags. The panel reinforcements are a must. I also added lead in the bow so that I could get an 8.5-9.5 degree pitch with the rear bags 100% full. I run extra lead, both in the bow, and under the rear bags so not sure if the bow lead would be necessary with just the bag upgrade. I fill my bags while slowly idling to our surf spot at 1400 rpm and my fill time is 9-1/2 minutes for the exactfits. If you fill at the 750 rpm idle the pumps run a bit slower and will increase that time. I don’t have Autowake so I can’t comment on the sensors with any certainty but I am thinking you will need to slide them up a bit to completely fill. If you want them to fill completely every time, you will have to crack the air vents as the stock vents are junk. To alleviate this, talk to the guys at Wakemakers about the Moomba vent upgrade and they will send you everything to complete the 2 hr job. The only I wish I had for the vent upgrade to make it perfect is a 90 degree fitting just below where the kit tees into the stock
    tubing. When the bags are full there is stress there and the 90s would fix the issue. Depending on the altitude where you surf, you might want to upgrade your prop as well. My boat shipped for SC with a 15 dia. X 16.5 pitch and I had to upgrade it. I went with 15.5 dia X 13 pitch. It works great but I gave up a lot of top end. I think a 13.9” pitch would be the sweet spot. For wakeboarding, I run the all the bags at 50% full ( I have a little over 800# total of lead too) and the wake is very close to pro level and the boat isn’t working too hard. I can run the bags full and get the boat to wakeboarding speeds but is definitely working hard to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I do have the panel supports and installed them already. How far up do I need to move the sensors? I would guess there is a certain spot I need to set them at.

2019 Moomba Mojo

I do have the panel supports and installed them already. How far up do I need to move the sensors? I would guess there is a certain spot I need to set them at.
    I would move them up as far as possible. For the Makai it was a little bit of a deal to get them where I wanted them. Just a few inches is a little tricky due to the angles etc.

You can't really move them up too far. ( I guess if they were ABOVE?) your fiberglass your bag COULD go too high?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

i will move them up as far as possible then.

2019 Moomba Mojo