Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    67

    Default Removing Old Registration Numbers From Hull

    Hi guys and gals,

    We recently purchased a new to us Supra SA and we need to replace the registration number decals. I'd love to hear from the group on best tricks/practice people have done to remove these decals from the hull. We are ordering new numbers from Domed Numbers.

    Thanks in advance for your advice!

    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,958

    Default

    If decals, use a hair dryer and lift a corner of a letter and peel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If decals, use a hair dryer and lift a corner of a letter and peel.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, they are decals. Thanks! I usually use Hot Sauce to clean the boat after use (I used on the MAX), should I use the same stuff to clean up after removing the old decals or would something like Dawn dish soap be better?

    Thanks,

    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    Yes, they are decals. Thanks! I usually use Hot Sauce to clean the boat after use (I used on the MAX), should I use the same stuff to clean up after removing the old decals or would something like Dawn dish soap be better?

    Thanks,
    New decals will stick better with Dawn. Dawn will strip wax locally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    New decals will stick better with Dawn. Dawn will strip wax locally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes to that

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •