Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fusion MS-RA770 Upgrade?

Hello,

Has anybody upgraded the stock head unit (Fusion MS-RA70) to the Fusion MS-RA770? I have a 2022 Moomba Makai and the head unit place is smaller, wondering if it could be modified to fit.

Thx

What is the advantage of the 77 over the 70?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Wifi, color screen, 4 zone and a woofer output p/zone, DSP if thats your bag.

The main driver is the airplay feature... My phone blows up for work stuff all the time and when connected through airplay it won't stop the music, etc. if I need to do a call. First-world problems ....

If anybody is interested, I've updated the plate via CAD to accept the larger RA-770 radio. 3D printing one now to test fit, etc.
    2023-05-04 17_36_08-SOLIDWORKS Premium 2021 SP5.1 - [Moomba ReTrim.SLDPRT _].jpg

How quickly do these new radios boot up? I have the Fusion MS-RA205 and it seems to take a while, which means when my brother in law drives the boat he doesn't want to turn off the engine between riders since it will leave him with a gap in music time between the radio booting and reconnecting with bluetooth. I have thought about bypassing the ignition switch with the radio, but this radio also has a problem with the volume intermittently becoming uncontrollable and shooting through the roof, so I thought I might kill two birds with one stone...

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    How quickly do these new radios boot up? I have the Fusion MS-RA205 and it seems to take a while, which means when my brother in law drives the boat he doesn't want to turn off the engine between riders since it will leave him with a gap in music time between the radio booting and reconnecting with bluetooth. I have thought about bypassing the ignition switch with the radio, but this radio also has a problem with the volume intermittently becoming uncontrollable and shooting through the roof, so I thought I might kill two birds with one stone...
    Regardless of head unit, Id pull the unit's switched ignition from the key and relocate to a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Regardless of head unit, Id pull the unit's switched ignition from the key and relocate to a switch.
    THIS! MLA is not wrong. Having the constant power and switched power both on the ignition acc. is what popped my radio.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I will probably do that once I pull the boat out. All my panel switches are occupied, so I need to locate one loose somewhere. Should be a fun project!

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

So, how hard is it to switch out a 70 for a 770. I'm looking because I have no zone control for the front. My cabin and front speakers run off one channel / amp. my towers and sub of the other amp. But I do not have the ability with the 70 to have separate volume control for the front vs the cabin. Does this make sense? other possible solutions?
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)