Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    I put this chart together to try and get a basic understanding of each boat wake making potential. Weight per foot of boat length. I took out 1500 lbs for wedge Ballast in the main column but put it back in on the right.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Never understood what they added to the Supra's to make them 1000 lbs heavier than equivalent length Moomba's. More fiberglass?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Never understood what they added to the Supra's to make them 1000 lbs heavier than equivalent length Moomba's. More fiberglass?
    Tower is probably a lot of it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    I put this chart together to try and get a basic understanding of each boat wake making potential. Weight per foot of boat length. I took out 1500 lbs for wedge Ballast in the main column but put it back in on the right.Attachment 30833

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Interesting information, but I'm not exactly sure what to make out of the chart. I'll have to think on it a bit. The weight per foot is not going to be an even distribution, and hull shape along with the varying weight distribution will certainly effect the displacement of the boat in the water.

2021 Moomba Makai

I would love to see a demonstration of all these boats on the same lake under the same water conditions making waves. Wonder if myth busters could make that happen! LOL!

2021 Moomba Makai

Yea, you need to ride the different boats. Some are mushy and some are firm. You could have a nice looking wake,but feels weak once you are surfing in it OR it may be so strong it's pushing you into the back of the boat. Are they steep or do they have gradual transitions?

Plus, you need a good driver. Some wakes are easy to tweak for the different riders depending on where people decide they are sitting/moving around. Robert at Wake9 is awesome for this. He will make small adjustments (speed/pitch/roll) for each rider to dial-in the wave.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I would love to see a demonstration of all these boats on the same lake under the same water conditions making waves. Wonder if myth busters could make that happen! LOL!
    robert at wake9 used to do the polar bears out west that was very similar to what you describe above and I remember a similar east coast event that tried to mimick the polar bear. dozen boats and you spend 2 days surfing all for the bargain price of $40.
    upside- was able to ride a lot of different boats and rate them at the end.
    downside- some boats were factory stock right off the showroom floor and some were "modded". was not a true comparison.

the year I went in 2012, the tige z3 was the best of the crop BUT only due to it being roberts personal whip and 400hrs of dial in time. the sanger wave was amazing from a boat that was severely overloaded with ballast and 1500lbs of lead on a shallow hull(most people commented on great wave but totally unsafe) and the centurion 244 was a huge dud as it was bone stock and needed another 2k in weight which most owners add after the fact.

might be a different outcome today with all the added weight companies have put in and the surf systems.

on a related note, it was unfortunate back in '12 that the moomba mojo that was brought was not able to be demo'ed. it's mmandley's personal boat now as he bought after the event and it tossed a great wave but there was some driver/insurance snafu that prevented it from being used on sat/sun. it would have easily been in the top3 or 4.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    robert at wake9 used to do the polar bears out west that was very similar to what you describe above and I remember a similar east coast event that tried to mimick the polar bear. dozen boats and you spend 2 days surfing all for the bargain price of $40.
    upside- was able to ride a lot of different boats and rate them at the end.
    downside- some boats were factory stock right off the showroom floor and some were "modded". was not a true comparison.
    The equivalent of this in 2017 was the Summer Surf Fest organized by wolfeman131. I couldn't make it there in 2017 but had my bags packed for the one in 2018. Sadly, Wolf got caught up with real life in 2018 and no one has picked up the torch since as far as I know.

I wouldn't want stock boats but getting to surf on 1 or 2 of each brand with a veteran driver/modded setup would be worth much more than $40 to me! Just need one of them organizy-types to come along and put it together.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I would go!

2021 Moomba Makai