Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Washing Supra cover

Curious if anyone has tried to wash their boat cover? Mine is only a year old but I feel that it’s got dust in the material now after sitting outside 3 months last summer. Just rebuffed and ceramic coated the boat and noticed a lot of abrasion marks from the cover. Wondering if maybe accumulated dust in the cover caused this? When the cover was new I didn’t seem to do this? Wondering if a commercial washing machine would work?
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    Curious if anyone has tried to wash their boat cover? Mine is only a year old but I feel that it’s got dust in the material now after sitting outside 3 months last summer. Just rebuffed and ceramic coated the boat and noticed a lot of abrasion marks from the cover. Wondering if maybe accumulated dust in the cover caused this? When the cover was new I didn’t seem to do this? Wondering if a commercial washing machine would work?
    I wouldn't put it in a washing machine.

I would just rinse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My cover is starting to show a lot of dark embedded dirt in it too. On the outside though. Inside looks good. But I still want to clean it too. Let me know uf you get a good answer/ solution.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I would start with a thorough rinse with cover on boat.

When you start scrubbing and using detergents, these will degrade the waterproofing, but you can retreat with water proofing spray.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I use ph neutral soap to wash everything since things are ceramic coated. I would test a small spot using foam cannon car wash soap and make sure it doesn't hurt the cover.

If all good, leave the cover on the boat and foam cannon the whole thing and use a delicate power washer tip to rinse. Leave in the sun to dry.

I have the older Moomba cover (gray) and this has worked for me evey spring. Once the cover isn't gross from the barn/shop, I remove and start the boat cleaning. Cover is still water resistant. Drove through soaking rain down to Norris and had to stop to get the puddle out of the bow. Boat was wet but the cover held a puddle so water repellent is intact.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I take my cover off and lay it on the lawn or driveway and use the hose to spray it off and then hang it over the fence to air dry. I don't use any soaps or detergents.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    Do you tow with your cover on? If so, that could be causing the damage. I always try to tow with my cover off to avoid damage from the cover buffeting in the wind.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Default Washing Supra cover

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Do you tow with your cover on? If so, that could be causing the damage. I always try to tow with my cover off to avoid damage from the cover buffeting in the wind.
    The Supra covers are actually great for towing, they are designed to pull a vacuum at speed, Eliminates buffeting.

I have no cover marks after 3000+ miles of towing and my boat is black.
    https://youtu.be/_xs94qp0v6w

Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-25-2023 at 10:09 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I take my cover off and lay it on the lawn or driveway and use the hose to spray it off and then hang it over the fence to air dry. I don't use any soaps or detergents.
    I do the same. Clean an area on the driveway, then hose it down the cover. Also used some diluted Simple Green and a soft brush.

On my 2007, after the years went on, I would add a 3m waterproof product every other year. Worked well. Have not done my 2018, but I probably will this spring/summer once the pollen season is over.
    2018 Supra SL400

My boat has marks from towing with cover. It is gray. I dont have any ceramic coating or anything on it, plan to do a serious cleaning/buffing but other projects have to come first.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater