Default Flow 3 Tab Not Retracting

Good day All,

When I took my Kaiyen out at the end of last year, I noticed that the port side Flow 3 tab was not retracting. I did every I could think of to reset the tab:

• reset/retract all tabs from dash
    • cyclled surf left/right
    • turned the battery switch off then on
    • repeated all of the above x 2

After all of my attempts... it's still in the down position.

Over the winter I read somewhere that the breaker for the tabs is in the engine compartment and that could just need a reset? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_7889.jpg
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

If similar to supras, the breaker is the same as your ballast breaker, which is in the engine compartment.

Are your ballast pumps working? If not, then it’s likely the breaker. It’s located on the front panel right next to the ski pole in my Supra and it’s labeled “ballast”.

Mine kept tripping and went bad and I replaced it this season for ~$30 and it’s working great.

If your pumps are working and that switch is not tripped then I’m not entirely sure of the problem but others might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another possibility is a software issue.

My port tab got stuck down on my 21SA, tried resetting breakers etc without luck, took it to dealer and they reflashed software and no issues since.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree with @larry_arizona, don't rule out a software issue.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    If similar to supras, the breaker is the same as your ballast breaker, which is in the engine compartment.

Are your ballast pumps working? If not, then it’s likely the breaker. It’s located on the front panel right next to the ski pole in my Supra and it’s labeled “ballast”.

Mine kept tripping and went bad and I replaced it this season for ~$30 and it’s working great.

If your pumps are working and that switch is not tripped then I’m not entirely sure of the problem but others might be.

Ballast pumps are working for sure. At the same time I was trying to resolve the tab issue, I drained all of my ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Another possibility is a software issue.

My port tab got stuck down on my 21SA, tried resetting breakers etc without luck, took it to dealer and they reflashed software and no issues since.

Never thought of that. I have the 2023 update, so I'll give it a try.

Any chance that the actuator my be broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Ken View Post
    Ballast pumps are working for sure. At the same time I was trying to resolve the tab issue, I drained all of my ballast.

Never thought of that. I have the 2023 update, so I'll give it a try.

Any chance that the actuator my be broken?
    Its possible an actuator could be bad, but I would try the other teoubleshooting first. And make sure that the ballast and actuators are or are'nt on the same breaker. I am honestly not sure. I found a couple of pictures I happen to have of the breakers directly behind my back seat on a 2021 Makai. Two of them are labeled as Ballast. I don't see anything labeled as Tabs. But maybe somewhere else if they're not on the same circuit. ...... You know now that I think about it (after having said all that), if your other tabs are moving fine, then it's software or a bad actuator ( could be a loose connector for that one too). I doubt each tab actuator has its own breaker.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Its possible an actuator could be bad, but I would try the other teoubleshooting first. And make sure that the ballast and actuators are or are'nt on the same breaker. I am honestly not sure. I found a couple of pictures I happen to have of the breakers directly behind my back seat on a 2021 Makai. Two of them are labeled as Ballast. I don't see anything labeled as Tabs. But maybe somewhere else if they're not on the same circuit. ...... You know now that I think about it (after having said all that), if your other tabs are moving fine, then it's software or a bad actuator ( could be a loose connector for that one too). I doubt each tab actuator has its own breaker.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping I'll be able to resolve the issue with just a software flash as it did for @larry_arizona when he had the same issue and not the actuator, but at least I know what to do and check when I am ready to summarize my boat.