Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Its a 5 ft 4 in board pm me and we can work something out. Might be cheaper for me to bring it to Austin when I come in a few weeks than to ship it.
    MX,
    Sent you a PM.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    2005 Moomba Outback DD - SOLD
    2020 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    What are your thoughts on these boards and prices?

Phase 5 Ahi $850 (seems pricey for a used board to me, but I'm still trying to figure things out)
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9875270484930/

Liquid Force Space Pod $475
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8225249957617/

Libtech crakn $350
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=dXMIcH

Phase 5 Doctor $700

Doomswell Neo $500

Soulcraft voodoo $650

Phase 5 Kong $600 (for bigger riders)

There's so many things to choose from and it's hard to know what to do simply because you can't really test them out. I'm willing to spend $$$ on a really nice board but just want to make sure it is going to be something I like. Or at least do my best to know.

I have that same size Soulcraft VooDoo - 4'-8", but I'm 6-0 and 225#. You will need a smaller one - 4'-6". It's light, fast, and fun to ride. Favorite board I have. Much more board than the skill I have to ride it. They are fragile and need to be kept out of the sun - more than other boards. I found a used one b/c the new ones are pricey. Ridden some other SC models too, none of them have sucked.

Otherwise I would look for a used P5 Phantom, Ahi, or the Model-X. Own a Phantom and ridden all of them. All fast and fun and easily recover from far back in the wave. Model-X is the easiest to try to spin around.

Owned a Doomswell Nubstep and rode the Neo. I liked the Nubstep over the Neo, but liked the Soulcraft and P5 better. Felt faster. I would still ride the Nubstep if I had it. They are like the SC boards and are very fragile, but you can try different fins on them.

I found a Liquid Force Space Pod on a close out sale. 4'-8" around $450-500 new. I rode it a few times but mostly have it for other new riders on the boat. It's a good board, appears to be less buoyant, probably a little narrower than some other boards . Not a $1K board as the ad says, but a well built board.

For the big-guy board and other riders, I would not find anything fancy. As mentioned above. Most of them are going to get up and stand on it, which is fine. But the higher-end boards really come alive with some fins and riding the board on the rails. I have a friend with P5 surfboard and he is closer to 275#. It's a fast board and he likes it, but since he is just standing the pocket most of the time, he could get the same ride and not of spent >$800.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 04-19-2023 at 10:51 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

MJHSupra... I appreciate all the feedback. Thank you.

2020 Moomba Max

MJHSupra or anyone else...
    Would you recommend the Phantom or the Ahi? I found both on sale at marine-products.com. Phantom for $765, Ahi for $680. Since I'm spending that much. If the Phantom is better I'd rather spend the extra $100. They also have a 21' Model X for $580. Thoughts?

2020 Moomba Max

That price on the Phantom $765 is a 50". The Ahi $680 and Model X $580 are both 53".

Last edited by Wren; 04-20-2023 at 07:12 PM.
    2020 Moomba Max

Has anyone tried the P5 Kong? I've been considering it for larger guests and multi person riding but am now considering the Hyperlite Landlock at less than half the price.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Has anyone tried the P5 Kong? I've been considering it for larger guests and multi person riding but am now considering the Hyperlite Landlock at less than half the price.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    I assume you are talking about big boys around 300#?
    2018 Supra SL400

I’m 6’4” 250lbs. Landlock has been great to me. We got it when it was still $300 so it was a no brainer. I would still buy it if it was < $400. It’s great for beginners of any size.
    2018 Max

So I called Marine-Products.com and spoke to Rich. I mention that because his customer service was beyond great. If you ever need any input he'd be a great resource. They are based out of Salt Lake City, UT. Anyway, I ended up ordering the Hyperlite Landlock for bigger riders. He said it's easier to get up on than the Libtech Manatee because it has more weight and is easier to push down, which is the point. He then sent me the Phantom, $699 (2022 model) and Ahi, $619 (2021 model). He only had one of each left. He said try them out for a couple weeks and send whichever one I don't want back to them at no additional cost. So now, I can try them both and get it all figured out. I appreciate everyone's help. Can't wait to get these boards and my front ballast bag installed and be back out on the water.

2020 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So I called Marine-Products.com and spoke to Rich. I mention that because his customer service was beyond great. If you ever need any input he'd be a great resource. They are based out of Salt Lake City, UT. Anyway, I ended up ordering the Hyperlite Landlock for bigger riders. He said it's easier to get up on than the Libtech Manatee because it has more weight and is easier to push down, which is the point. He then sent me the Phantom, $699 (2022 model) and Ahi, $619 (2021 model). He only had one of each left. He said try them out for a couple weeks and send whichever one I don't want back to them at no additional cost. So now, I can try them both and get it all figured out. I appreciate everyone's help. Can't wait to get these boards and my front ballast bag installed and be back out on the water.

That's pretty awesome! Those guys do a pretty good job of helping people get what they need. I am always happy to go in and talk with them.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)