Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default We many never get on the water this season.....Too much snow!

Utah has an all time record for snowfall this year. The ski resorts are now over 750 inches of snowfall this year and will most likely go over 800 inches. That is over 65 ft!!! This is fabulous because we have been very dry for several years in a row and the lakes have all been very low. The record amount of snow will help fill the lakes/reserviors, but there is so much snow it will take forever for it to all melt so we can get on the water. It's kind of a blessing and a curse haha. This is a picture of Jordanelle Reservior where we go a lot. This is the view looking down the launch ramp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I live pretty much next to the Great Salt Lake. Had a foot at my house this morning. We are super worried about flooding (not from the GSL, but from every creek feeding it). I am so excited about all the reservoirs filling, especially Willard Bay, which has been on low water at risk launch status for almost 2 years. It is a great time to be an Utah boater! Even Lake Powell will come up enough to get many more launch ramps (but not all) back in operation.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

what makes me sad about all of this is that California has now removed most of the water declarations they have. rather than trying to save some, lets go right back to spending what we have. reminds me of the kid that gets 5 $1's in his pocket and rather than spend a couple/save a couple, spend it all and hope for more....

I don't follow the news in utah/colorado but hoping they are not following suite and still issuing out water rations. this record snowpack could last more than a season if managed properly....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

More fresh snow up here as well…. Such good news on many fronts, but I am hopeful for all of this leading to low (or no) forest fires like the past few years…. Smoke free and topped up lakes works for me!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    what makes me sad about all of this is that California has now removed most of the water declarations they have. rather than trying to save some, lets go right back to spending what we have. reminds me of the kid that gets 5 $1's in his pocket and rather than spend a couple/save a couple, spend it all and hope for more....

I don't follow the news in utah/colorado but hoping they are not following suite and still issuing out water rations. this record snowpack could last more than a season if managed properly....
    Utah and Colorado are just filling the reservoirs at the moment. I don't think I see enough preparation for the flooding yet though. They should be dropping high reservoirs to allow reduced flows through the creeks, but I think they are a little worried about making the wrong decision and spilling too much water downstream. Colorado still has drought conditions in the southeast section of the state, so they are a little more wary of what is to come. Interestingly enough, the Colorado River shortage declaration is still in place and that means Arizona and Nevada will still have to deal with a shortage of delivery from Mead and Powell unless action to change the declaration happens later this summer. Powell may come up 75', but due to this delivery and the balancing agreement, Mead is projected to drop another 20 feet, though there is also the possibility of more water being released and a 15 foot rise. The water managers pay a lot of attention to Mead and though there is some relief at the increase in Lake Powell levels, there is still some pain to be shared amongst the Colorado River Water Users in order to fix the massive shortages at both Powell (currently 178 feet below full 22% of capacity) and Mead (173 feet below full, 27% of capacity). Until both reservoirs are fully stabilized, the delivery shortages will persist and so will the need for California to get serious about it.

Utah was awesome this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 03-28-2023 at 11:29 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Nice! I was skiing yesterday and several of the lifts had pathways for the chairs to exit the base carved through a cavern of snow. I have never seen it this deep, with trail signs in cases sitting at my knees. We still have snow coming tonight through the end of the week and next week too.

That's just nuts! We are in yhe 80s here!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Utah folks....news in Ohio just said 4ft-7ft coming this week/weekend.

So that much more on top of record year snowfall...Holy Sh** that is a lot of snow!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So if all these reservoirs are filling up out west, how they going to find the stolen cars and dead people?

Asking for a friend . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400