Threaded View

Default 2005 Mobius LSV center floor section

Hey everyone, I'm Jason. This is my first post here and I'm hoping you guys might be able to weight in on a project I'm currently working on. I'm replacing my carpet and covering the center hatch and bow floor with Hydrodeck. I've read a bunch of other threads on people who've done it, but I'm experiencing something that I haven't seen anyone else bring up. It looks like my center floor section is sagging and I'd like to address it while I've got it out of the boat. So here's what I can tell you. When it was in the boat and you walk on it, you could definitely feel, and see, some flex in it. I couldn't hear any cracking or anything that made me feel like there was a problem structurally, but it just felt a little weak. Anyway, I've got it out, and the carpet pulled off and it's definitely concave, front to back and side to side. I put a straight edge inside the boat and it appears that the hull floor is flat, or near flat, front to back as well as side to side. There's only a single lateral support (aluminum square tubing) running across the fuel tank and it is parallel to the hull floor, but not quite on the same plane. It sits about 1/4" below the plane of the hull floor, allowing the actual floor (one with carpet) to flex before it contacts the lateral support. Here's some pictures, what do you guys think? Should this floor be flat, or does this seem correct?Attachment 30766
    Attached Images Attached Images