Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Josh,

Are the seats on the S240 hinged? Only real complaint I have about "budget boats". I know those were added on newer Moombas but wasn't sure if Supreme made that leap yet. I know the 2016-2017 versions weren't.
    Hinged seats except for the random corner square in the rear which would be hard to hinge..
    the bow is still unhinged as well
    The rear lockers have a old school like rotating latch, mixed feelings about it we will see

And agree the biggest difference in budget vs premium line I see now days are the tech.

You put dual 12” screens in any budget boat and I bet you sell a whole lot less premium boats haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    So apparently according to the rep, the wave is finicky on the Z models. The S models have a brand-new hull and apparently surf better. It's a complete redesign from the S238. This hull on the S models I believe is the 2020 era RI hull Opti V maybe?

I will be sure to update yall on the experience I was pretty bummed about the forum life over there no advice how to set one at all, only youtube videos are all dealer videos, it will either be a fantastic boat or ill be trading in for a supra sooner than later haha

It has a march build date so hopefully delivery may 1st
    Have you got out on the S240 yet?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Default Best budget Boat 2023

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    Have you got out on the S240 yet?

Yes, Haven't got a ton of time behind the boat yet as the weather has been terrible but so far initial impressions are moomba vs supreme are closer than I thought.
    Again I had a 2021 Moomba Mojo raptor 400 2.0 pumps and 2.0 quick surf maxed audio options
    The supreme is much more optioned 2023 S240 PCM 450 max ballast options (No surf or pump options available)
    Actually the mojo was very lightly optioned and the supreme has almost every single option.
    supreme is 24' however the cabin and bow and sun deck all feel the same. The supreme has flat spots to act as seats on the rear which seems to be the extra 1' of boat.

Moomba Pros- Cup holders are better located.
    - Phone chargers and 12V plugs everywhere and where you need them
    - Touch screen works so so well
    - Go home feature adjust tabs to level ride
    - Pitch and roll numbers are a great resource
    - Overall build quality fit and finish, just seemed better put together more thought out
    - The seat back behind the drivers seat (Don't miss it until its gone)

Supreme Pros
    - Wave is better. First day out I could tell, havent had time to really dial it in yet but already pushes like my mojo did with 1500 extra pounds
    - Vinyl is thicker and high quality (However no chill tech option)
    - Ballast fills much quicker, I did have 2.0 pumps on the mojo however
    - Transom cover is flat all the way across and fits the cooler perfect when you slide the bench forward
    - Fun "coolers" at the back of the boat
    Supreme has better "options" so I cant say the brand is better however I had access to
    - Skylon racks are amazing.
    - Sewlong Bimini makes the A3 tower Bimini look embarrassing
    - PCM 450 motor is quiet more fuel efficient and powerful (I had 400 in the mojo)
    - Audio is a dream, able to option 2 12" subs and 4 REV 10 tower speakers.

Moomba Cons
    - Hard to get a fantastic wave out of
    - Bimini had to replace
    - Audio was great however bass was lacking
    - I'm sure there are many more but yall already know overall a great boat

Supreme cons
    Side note none of these cons Would I have ever noticed if I didn't own my moomba first
    - Touch screen is garbage. Interface needs a complete over haul.
    - Can only control volume from the touch screen which means you have to select volume on your surf menu then use a slider to adjust, good luck quickly turning the volume down to pick up a surfer and the back up. While volume is selected you can see nothing else.
    - Go home setting just empties ballast and sets speed.
    - lack of 12V plugs and phone chargers ( However wireless charger is awesome and was useless on the 2021 mojo)
    - Drain plugs are both in the back and always seem to have some water stuck up front.
    - Only been out in 1 rain storm but it seemed like everything under the seats got wet in the rain, where as the mojo never had a drip of water under seats unless we took a wave over the bow.
    - Storage, I guess with so much ballast there is actually very little storage plus the extra 12" sub takes up most of the observers under dash.
    I Used to store my boards in the rear hatches however with the hard tanks I haven't found anywhere in the boat that will fit a board.
    Last edited by Josh828; 05-31-2023 at 11:13 AM.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

good writeup josh..
    supreme is a no joke wave and I would attribute a lot of that to the old S226 back in the '00's and the centurion ownership more recently.

one can argue all the tabs and such but in the end, I still believe there's no replacement for displacement and centurion/supreme understand that message loud and clear.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Best budget Boat 2023

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    good writeup josh..
    supreme is a no joke wave and I would attribute a lot of that to the old S226 back in the '00's and the centurion ownership more recently.

one can argue all the tabs and such but in the end, I still believe there's no replacement for displacement and centurion/supreme understand that message loud and clear.
    The deep V is serious, the front of the boat is the deepest part I swear! It takes waves really well and haven’t taken a wave over the bow yet (still early)
    But would be a hard decision on which boat I’d want to go 5 miles across rough water in

The harder decision is going to be the next one, Supra or centurion haha

Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

That's a pretty boat. We looked at one that was at the Orlando boat show just before covid shut them all down. It was loaded out nice too, and honestly we were leaning towards one, but the Makai literally fell into our lap and we have not been disappointed. I see what you mean about the small back rest behind the driver. Seems like it would be an easy mod to make by supreme to put one in.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks for the detailed review and update on your new boat. Sounds like some other s240 owners have been adding another bilge pump up front, i have the same problem with my Tige. The volume control seems to be the number one complaint on the S240. But it sounds like some owners have found a way to add an auxiliary volume control. I have 3 supreme dealers within 2 hours of me, so there happens to be several in stock options for me to check out, which I hope to do soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    The harder decision is going to be the next one, Supra or centurion haha
    be pretty hard for me to not plunk down money on a supra SL. having surfed that and centurion in the recent 2 years, I think they both surf great but the fit/finish and overall feel still goes to supra.

first world problems for sure....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    be pretty hard for me to not plunk down money on a supra SL. having surfed that and centurion in the recent 2 years, I think they both surf great but the fit/finish and overall feel still goes to supra.

first world problems for sure....
    I still think Supra/moomba offer the best boat right now for the dollar.

However, a brand new 23LSV for $140k at the boat show did have my mind pondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about budget-friendly boats, it's always a hunt to find one that's easy on the wallet but still packs in the fun. On a different note, have you guys seen those pontoon boats with slides? I stumbled upon this one online and thought it was such a cool idea – like bringing a bit of extra excitement to your regular boating trips. Imagine sliding into the water from your own deck on a sunny day! If you're curious or thinking of jazzing up your boat a bit, you might want to check out this pontoon boat with slide. Sounds like a perfect way to level up those weekend outings!