Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best budget Boat 2023

Sold my 21 Mojo last July thinking the market was going to crash and now here I am with another boat on order. The boat show confirmed my thoughts however I was curious if you all were looking at a new boat which one would you go with and why?

I personally was looking for a 23-25' boat with a great wave, loud audio and good fit and finish trying to stay around $130k
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

What did you order? Moomba Mojo or Makai I think is a great "budget boat" but I think you know that from experience.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

By budget boat did you mean the most options for your money? Or the cheapest boat that will still surf and wakeboard? i.e. a Waketractor or similar?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

We don't talk about the wake tractors.. I just mean nicest boat for the money overall experience haha

And actually, I could not justify the Moomba line up, mostly because the changes were so minor from 21-23 the 20k+ price increase hurt my soul.

Ended up ordering a Supreme S240, was curious if anyone else had noticed them before going all biased.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    We don't talk about the wake tractors.. I just mean nicest boat for the money overall experience haha

And actually, I could not justify the Moomba line up, mostly because the changes were so minor from 21-23 the 20k+ price increase hurt my soul.

Ended up ordering a Supreme S240, was curious if anyone else had noticed them before going all biased.
    Funny, I was going to mention the S240. I've been told to wait another year on the Supreme line to iron out build quality at the new plant but the factor rep at the boat show said they are good to go for this year. Build slots available for me are late in the season so I didn't put a ton of effort into the line after that. The factor rep kept circling back to the S220 when I was clearly asking about the S240. He was a huge fan of the S220.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

for us if mead were to get back to a point that makes sense to use it again, I would shop the following:
    moomba mojo, craz.
    supreme s220
    atx 22

that would be our "short" list but my last outing on an atx would likely leave it out compared to the other 2 in the fit/finish dept.
    honestly moomba would have a tough battle against the supreme. the s220 I surfed last fall was frankly the best value boat I have been on despite a few nitpicks. surf wave was flat out crazy for a bone stock boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The Supreme vinyl quality is what really sold me, 17mm thick and it shows, optioned 450 motor, silent stinger and it is torquey and way Quiter than my mojo with the 400.
    SewLong Bimini is 100X better and 4 REV10 tower speakers and 2 12" subs. Got a ladder on the front of the trailer and having the dealer install RGB Underwater lights and speaker lights to compare to the moombas now.
    Boat surfed amazing although on the test drive dealer set up a shorter tall wave where i prefer a long mellow wave but once i get ahold of mine ill report back but seems like the wave is going to be much better. Also funny the rep also said the S220 has basically the same wave and is a great boat haha

Now Cons.. No audio control other than the touch screen, The program on the screen seems "old" moombas was much nicer looking we will see how it functions. Lots of small convivence things like cup holders and handles seem to be better placed in the moombas as well
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

At the charlotte Boat show
    #1 supreme- fit finish, total awe of the boat
    #2 moomba- Fit finish, updated lights and audio and overall package looks great
    #3 Axis- fit and finish was cheap, however the chill tech seats are a huge upgrade in comfort for them and the new dash helps a ton
    #4 ATX- also looked and felt cheap along with not much dealer encouragement about the wave or performance
    The best thing about the TIGE is the fit and finish so when you take that away the ATX isn't left with much
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

atx will give all a run for their money in the "out of the box" wave but add some weight as we all do and that advantage diminishes. moomba imo is a much better value than atx.

my biggest gripe on the supreme will always be what I called out in a prior review last september:
    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    biggest annoyance with supreme and I've called it out in past recaps... when you have the bimini stowed, it is a BIOTCH to get up and down on the sundeck into the interior. the tower/bimini placement is awful when stowed. put up, it's the largest I have been under.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    atx will give all a run for their money in the "out of the box" wave but add some weight as we all do and that advantage diminishes. moomba imo is a much better value than atx.

my biggest gripe on the supreme will always be what I called out in a prior review last september:
    You know I have only been on a model with the bimini out haha
    They also have 3 different bimini options however the Roswell tower with sewlong bimini is the most popular
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22