Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kids First Ski Trip

With winter here we decided to pull our son out of school for a few days and head to the mountains to take the kids skiing for the first time. Destination was Red River, NM due to their abundance of beginner terrain and shorter drive.

Put Nolan’s (7) and Hailey (3) in ski school the first day and they did pretty good. Hailey had school in the afternoon so I worked with her all morning and by the time she got to the school she about had the basics down.

Neither kid wanted to take a lift up to bigger hill so they stayed on the conveyor lift at the bunny hill which made my wife happy as she is not a big skier and was nervous taking the kids.

We also rode snowmobiles for the first time and that was a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I spent the first two days chasing Hailey down the bunny hill holding onto her leashes and then hiking back up next to her in the conveyor to help her get off at the top.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Had to rock Mahomes for Super Bowl Sunday!

David

That is awesome! You kids are at a fun age for that too! It's also amazing at how fast the small kids will pick up how to ski, and with NO poles. I think it's because when they fall, they are so close to the ground it doesn't really hurt them. Unlike me who feels like I just fell out of a tree! Encourage them to go up a little higher to a long slow green trail. They will love it!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Family shot with my mom. We brought her with us as she doesn’t get the opportunity to go on many trips with us. I think everyone had a ton of fun. Biggest issue was the trip was too short!

David

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    That is awesome! You kids are at a fun age for that too! It's also amazing at how fast the small kids will pick up how to ski, and with NO poles. I think it's because when they fall, they are so close to the ground it doesn't really hurt them. Unlike me who feels like I just fell out of a tree! Encourage them to go up a little higher to a long slow green trail. They will love it!

Man I tried! My son kept saying next time we go he will get on a lift and go up. My wife is not the strongest skier and she is afraid of heights and was worrying her self about the kids on ski lifts the entire month before the trip so I know she was relieved and she probably put some of the fear into the little ones. I wish we had one more day to really cement the concept of it into their heads. We wont be back for two years (the deal I worked out with my wife; alternate guys ski trip and family ski trip every other year) so I hope we don't completely start over again.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Family shot with my mom. We brought her with us as she doesn’t get the opportunity to go on many trips with us. I think everyone had a ton of fun. Biggest issue was the trip was too short!

Ok! You gotta do another family shot with no helmets! LOL! Maybe not post for the world to see if you don't want, but at least for your personal. We did all that too and later always have to tell everyone who is who that don't know us really well.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Ok! You gotta do another family shot with no helmets! LOL! Maybe not post for the world to see if you don't want, but at least for your personal. We did all that too and later always have to tell everyone who is who that don't know us really well.

I took mine off! Not sure what everyone else was thinking??? My wife said it was keep her face warm haha.
    David

Just spent the weekend at Mt Hood for my son's 20th birthday. Although we had a big group, I was able to take a few runs with just my son and my 21 yr old daughter. They are both snowboarders and although I can ride I'm way better on skis. Can I just saw how GREAT it was to be cruising down the mountain with my babies. Watching them progress to where they are now has been pretty awesome.

It's expensive as hell, but keep it up David! Good job dad.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Just spent the weekend at Mt Hood for my son's 20th birthday. Although we had a big group, I was able to take a few runs with just my son and my 21 yr old daughter. They are both snowboarders and although I can ride I'm way better on skis. Can I just saw how GREAT it was to be cruising down the mountain with my babies. Watching them progress to where they are now has been pretty awesome.

It's expensive as hell, but keep it up David! Good job dad.
    Yeah I would love to take them every year but my wife is NOT a skier lol. She skis, but she doesn't enjoy and says she only does it because I want to go so we worked out a deal where we go every other year as a family and the years we don't go together I get to go with some friends. I just feel their progression is going to be really slow only going every other year. Maybe next time I will get my wife some private lessons and she will enjoy it more with the added confidence. Hard part with the kids is you can really only go on Christmas break or spring break without missing a ton of school and she already take them out for a week in the spring to go to Destin and I am not always off for Christmas break or spring break.
    David