Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 rev 10'

Quote Originally Posted by stretch55 View Post
    I replaced the REV 10 HD;s with REV 12 HD;s. I also replaced the 10" Revo 10 sub with a 12" Revo 12" sub. I am not impressed with it at all. I am swinging into Exile and picking up a 12" Xi12 sub today on my way home before I go tune everything in.
    Im interested in what you had prior to the Rev-10HD and you didnt just go straight to the rev-12HD?

If you removed a Revo-10FA and cut a larger hole and installed a Revo-12FA and now plain to replace it with another brand 12", I dont see you being happy with it as well. NO woofer of any brand, designed for a small enclosure, is going to perform well when running infinite-baffle. If your Revo-10HP was in a small enclosure, replacing it with the larger Revo-12HP, would reduce the internal net volume, thus narrowing the band width. The results with the exile would be similar.

This doesnt even touch on the benefits of upgrading the amp wattage, to gain a full return on the woofer's potential.

What I have found on my 21 Mojo is that the sub out from the Fusion radio is weak. Once I added an EQ that raised the voltage going to the amp the sub and the whole system really woke up.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    What I have found on my 21 Mojo is that the sub out from the Fusion radio is weak. Once I added an EQ that raised the voltage going to the amp the sub and the whole system really woke up.
    What eq did you add? My craz came with a 12 in kicker in a box stuffed under observers compartment. I dont likethe location and was going to move it but I want to hear how the factory wetsounds sub sounds before I make any adjustments. I found that it has a plastic enclosure around the back of the WS sub that I assume takes the place of a box.
    Last edited by Mxmark4; 03-28-2023 at 01:16 PM.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I used a Clarion EQ that I had in my old boat. https://a.co/d/cKxqCjC. Works well. Wetsounds has one as well that might be better.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    Can you elaborate on how you hooked it up and what settings you used? Is it just for your sub? I have a 21 Makai, which I would assume has the same Wetsound system your Mojo has. ( Two 10" tower, 10" sub" , 6" bow and rear/midship speakers. )

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

For those of you with the Fusion media units and poor sub output. Before you get too krazy on doing anything, you have to go into the sub settings and up the factory default cross-over to its highest setting, then, retune the amps.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Im interested in what you had prior to the Rev-10HD and you didnt just go straight to the rev-12HD?

If you removed a Revo-10FA and cut a larger hole and installed a Revo-12FA and now plain to replace it with another brand 12", I dont see you being happy with it as well. NO woofer of any brand, designed for a small enclosure, is going to perform well when running infinite-baffle. If your Revo-10HP was in a small enclosure, replacing it with the larger Revo-12HP, would reduce the internal net volume, thus narrowing the band width. The results with the exile would be similar.

This doesnt even touch on the benefits of upgrading the amp wattage, to gain a full return on the woofer's potential.
    Boat came with the rev 10 hd’s I just upgraded to the rev 12 hd’s. As far as subs go. It came with a Revo 10 hp in a ported box. I replaced that with a Revo 12 hp in a ported box and then ended up replacing the Revo 12 hp with an Exile xi12d. The exile hits way harder than the wet sounds.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD

Interesting that a April 2023 Moomba had HD's but they didnt hit the general market till June 23.

I can say, without any hesitation, that one 12 in the same box as another 12 with same wattage, does not "hit", "slam" or "pound" any harder then the other. Theres more to this, as I stated earlier, its not a brand thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Interesting that a April 2023 Moomba had HD's but they didnt hit the general market till June 23.

I can say, without any hesitation, that one 12 in the same box as another 12 with same wattage, does not "hit", "slam" or "pound" any harder then the other. Theres more to this, as I stated earlier, its not a brand thing.
    Maybe, but according to my ears. The exile sub sounds way better. The 12 hd’s seem to have more mid “tones” I’ll say not base over the 10 hd’s. Plus they fill the tower better. I’m 6’6” and there is no way to have 4 10’s without a concussion or two in my near future. All in all I am very very happy with swapping the 10 hd’s for 12’s, the 10” sub for a 12” sub and adding a 420 EQ.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD