Default Thinking of upgrading - 2023 Craz

Hi all,

We are currently in an ‘18 Moomba Max and are thinking of upgrading to a ‘23 Craz. We love our current boat as it fits most of our needs and provides us with so many wonderful family memories. That being said, after walking through the new Craz and seeing all the new cool tech and fancy chill tech seats, well let’s just say we liked it

I know it’s very early in the release of this new model but I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience behind the new Craz and what your thought are compared to the Max. The majority of our time is spent wakesurfing until the kids wear me down and we have to bring out the tube.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

Not an owner...my good friend has a 2019 Craz.
    I like the tech over my 2015 mojo. The 7" screen and interaction is a big upgrade over the 4". The Flow 2.0 is nice and the Craz will have flow 3 (if you option it).

Chilltech would be nice. Even in Ohio we get burning hot vinyl.

Only CON for me on the craz is the bow. The traditional shape limits the room and the open layout of your max and my mojo let's 4 kids hang there. They claim it everytime out and they work great as bow ballast...lol

Otherwise, the new Craz will be a great upgrade if you choose. I know I have been eyeing a Makai or used Supra but hard to swallow for 3-4 months a year.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I've been interested in the Craz for a long time but have started to crave the extra space in the Mojo or Makai. I am very intrigued by the updated Craz and am looking forward to checking it out next to a Mojo in 2 weeks at the Boston boat show. Sounds like the new Craz surfs great out of the box with no lead.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    Hi all,

We are currently in an ‘18 Moomba Max and are thinking of upgrading to a ‘23 Craz. We love our current boat as it fits most of our needs and provides us with so many wonderful family memories. That being said, after walking through the new Craz and seeing all the new cool tech and fancy chill tech seats, well let’s just say we liked it

I know it’s very early in the release of this new model but I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience behind the new Craz and what your thought are compared to the Max. The majority of our time is spent wakesurfing until the kids wear me down and we have to bring out the tube.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!
    Skiers brought the new Craz to the Norris TN Event late last summer. I got to climb around it, but no surfing. You could really tell the difference in the height of the boat. I know it carries that new weight total. It's a nice boat.

If you want the extra room, make sure to sit in the Mojo. Once you have the extra room, it's hard to go back.
    2018 Supra SL400

The extra space is always nice. I would vote mojo or makai but I am biased towards makai. Everyone has different requirements including where it’s parked when not in use or even lake restrictions. My thought if you’re spending $100k+ get the one that suits you best. The craz may not need the weight the mojo or makai need to surf and typical crew size may not warrant the extra space you get from Mojo or Makai. Look at them all is my vote and make the best choice for you and your family.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt! You will be happy with whatever you choose!
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade