Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Avalanche is nice. I like the cement gray type colors. They are glossy but almost look flat in the right light.

BUT....the Oxford will look good with that Max being pulled behind it.
    Need Pacific Blue FX4 stickers!!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Here ya go

Decal Mods FX4 Off Road Decal Replacement Sticker for Ford F150 (2015-2020) Light Blue - FLTBLU [Set of 2] | FH5A2 https://a.co/d/jfB8fyE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Oh damn that would match pretty close to my ultra blue! Hmmmm may have to get those.

I watched a video on how they do a spray in beeline and my heart sank when they went to town sanding. It is what it is thought for the adhesion. Definitely going to get it sprayed before the season starts. My old trucks bed is scratched to hell and back. It was like that when I bought it in 2012 so I didn’t bother me but I’m going to treat the new truck like it should be.

Also looking into protective film wrap for the front end and hood. Any suggestions on film brands I should be looking for the shops to use?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I have the factory spray in liner in my truck. It has a lot of texture to it, but stuff still slides around badly. I ended up getting a rubber matt too. You may just want to look into that first. Of course the spray in does protect the sides and fenderwells from scratches too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Depending who you go to your liner can be sprayed in to match the body color. Factory spray in is just black but you get an Oxford white spray and be stealth about it.

Sorry for the pacific and ultra mix up on the Max....but yes the FX4 stickers to match.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Being new to 4WD, what settings do I need to use for the boat ramp? Engage rear diff and what 4WD setting? Or should I just use the “slippery’ drive mode which engages 4H?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Depends on your ramp. How slippery is it? You can most likely just leave everything in 2wd on a well built ramp. If you start to spin, then just flip the switch to 4high, or pull it out to lock the rear diff if needed. If you're not sure, then just flip the switch to 4 auto and let the truck do its thing. 4 low is pretty low!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Back in with 2WD, if your rear tires can stay dry, keep it in 2WD. Don’t try and back up and manuver in 4WD on dry pavement or else the truck will Buck and fight you.

If you require to get rear tires wet, hit 4WD and be sure to keep front tires dry. This is the ONLY way you can prevent truck from sliding if rear tires are on slick/slime ramp. 4WD will lock the front wheels from sliding when you put it in park.

Slippery mode won’t help at all and does not auto engage 4WD.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Out with the old and in with the new tow rig

90% of the time, I never have to use mine. There are a few ramps that are super steep or get a little greasy as the summer moves on. That is when I flip mine into 4wd.

Usually when I’m backing in, close to the water as the truck and trailer are straight.

Last edited by MJHSupra; 01-29-2023 at 08:52 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks guys. The ramps I’ll be using require the rear wheels to get wet since these are shallow angle ramps. The reason I was suggesting slippery mode is it does mention it engages 4WD and seemed naturally fitting to a slick ramp. Some of the ramps are well maintained and can get slick from algae growth, moss etc. Another lake we previously used has a very steep ramp which is on a river system. I had a hell of a time on that ramp and swore ever going back for fear of losing my 2WD truck to it. I’ll have more faith with this truck.

This is what I had read on the slippery mode:

Slippery Mode
    Slippery mode is beneficial in less than ideal road conditions like snow or ice-covered roads. This mode is often used for crossing terrain where a firm surface is roofed with loose, wet, or slippery material. Slippery mode lowers throttle response and optimizes shifting for slippery surfaces.
    The four-wheel-drive auto is the default four-wheel-drive mode. Two-wheel drive high isn’t available in slippery mode.
    Last edited by haknslash; 01-29-2023 at 08:58 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold