Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    a plastic chock will sound like a double barrel shotgun when it explodes
    I know this sound. don't ask me how
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

First mod: get rid of the stupid incandescent license plate bulbs and replace with LED to match everything. I can’t believe Ford went from LED on the 2021’s to incandescent for the 2022+ trucks. Supply chain my ass this was just stupid when everything else is LED and new tech lol. Whatever, it looks much better now and no more ugly yellow light.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I need to do this to my new truck also....thanks for reminding me.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Emergency brake only locks rear wheels, only way to get out of truck with all 4 wheels locked with foot off brake is 4WD engaged in park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the transfer case in 4wd, the emergency brakes on the rear wheels act like a cardan shaft brake, locking the front wheel(s). You truly get all 4 wheels this way with a front diff lock. There is no park with a manual transmission, but one can use the engine as a brake with it turned off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    With the transfer case in 4wd, the emergency brakes on the rear wheels act like a cardan shaft brake, locking the front wheel(s). You truly get all 4 wheels this way with a front diff lock. There is no park with a manual transmission, but one can use the engine as a brake with it turned off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I disagree, with 4wd engaged, the only thing that will prevent the front wheels from rolling is the parking pawl engaged on an automatic transmission.

Park brake applies either a rear axle “drum in hat” mechanism or engages the rear brake calipers only.

If you are in 4WD, park brake engaged in neutral and the rear tires start sliding on slick ramp, the front wheels will roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Ordered some Husky rear wheel well liners. Why Ford continues to skimp on these and charge as an option is beyond me. Liners should arrive Thursday. Also getting a stage 1 polish and detail and PPF wrap with Xpel Ultimate+ on Friday to help protect the paint since I commute so far to work on the highways.

BTW Anyone running the Curt 45900 adjustable drop hitch? My last setup was all Curt hardware and it seems well built. I like there is a gusset welded in for support compared to other higher prices adjustable hitches.

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45900-Ad...79589068&psc=1
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-13-2023 at 09:22 AM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    BTW Anyone running the Curt 45900 adjustable drop hitch? My last setup was all Curt hardware and it seems well built. I like there is a gusset welded in for support compared to other higher prices adjustable hitches.

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45900-Ad...79589068&psc=1
    A friend has one and I helped him tow a loaded car-hauler with my tow rig.

It was pretty solid, and it was easy to adjust to get the trailer level. The only thing I questioned was the hitch pins and clips to hold the in the channel. This one was not locking on his setup, but they probably sell them.
    2018 Supra SL400

Hak

I bought one of these 2 years ago. It makes everything much more comfortable going down the road. Also adjustable and I use this to tow everything besides the boat. Not trying to spend more of your money just sharing.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...xoCmJQQAvD_BwE
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    A friend has one and I helped him tow a loaded car-hauler with my tow rig.

It was pretty solid, and it was easy to adjust to get the trailer level. The only thing I questioned was the hitch pins and clips to hold the in the channel. This one was not locking on his setup, but they probably sell them.
    I noticed the pins didn’t have any security either. I figured I could either have my work machine me new longer pins to add locks if they don’t already offer them or just remove the balls when I’m not towing to prevent any theft.

Holdmybeer,those are nice and super beefy but way more than I really care to spend. If I were towing more weight and needed those I would certainly give them some good thought. But yea, between the truck payment and the boat payment trying to keep wife happy and not push it too far lol.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Come on now, I'm more than happy to spend your money for you.

I went with a Fastway Aluminum hitch a few years ago and couldn't be happier since I tow 4 different trailers. What I really like about it is no pins to lose and hidden locking mechanisms.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/fastwa...HKQ-47-00-3806
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...