Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommendation on my speaker upgrade

Hi there,

I am in the middle of upgrading my tower speakers and in-boat speakers. Here my build:
    • 1x pair of REV 10 driven by a SYN-DX2.3-HP (each pod assigned a channel)
    • 4x REVO 6 driven by a HTX-4 (each speaker assigned a channel)

Does this make sense? Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by hguerard View Post
    Hi there,

I am in the middle of upgrading my tower speakers and in-boat speakers. Here my build:
    • 1x pair of REV 10 driven by a SYN-DX2.3-HP (each pod assigned a channel)
    • 4x REVO 6 driven by a HTX-4 (each speaker assigned a channel)

Does this make sense? Any suggestion?
    Shoot a message to MLA on here - Mike's Liquid Audio. He's spot-on with his experience on pairing speakers, subs, and amps. There are usually, good, better, and best combos.

Most of the new stuff is coming from the factory is now with JL or Wetsounds, so there are not that many stereo upgrade posts (compared to the past).

My last Wetsounds project (8-10 years ago) was a pair of Rev10s with a SYN4. Then 3 pair of XS-650-RGBs and Sub paired with a SYN6. With BT and Equalizer. Great setup.

My memories of REV10s: loud as hell if you were sitting in the back - hurt my ears. Good thing I drove all the time.
    Bumped my head on them quite a bit.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 01-09-2023 at 12:34 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    My memories of REV10s: loud as hell if you were sitting in the back - hurt my ears. Good thing I drove all the time.
    Bumped my head on them quite a bit.
    haha. my thoughts exactly.
    everyone surfs anymore. if you primarily board, I can see a need for them but surfing, the icon8's are a much more musical choice and you won't be "that guy" on the lake

as MJH suggests, dm mla. there are options out there other than wetsounds that can be had for less money and same results.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

What kind of bump? I agree with more musical cabin and tower combined with a lot of bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    What kind of bump? I agree with more musical cabin and tower combined with a lot of bump!

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't need the nuts and bolts coming loose, but a little boom-boom does everyone well. Ha ha.
    2018 Supra SL400

I have a Craz 2016 with the wonderful S-bend tower. The boat came with 4 tower speaker but .. when you turn the music up, you can tell those bad boys are Roswell 7 inch. I started to do more wakeboard and I can't hear anything!

Its been 2 years I am looking to upgrade and this summer is the day!

The s bend tower has a ton of room. Go with 6!

2017 Supra SA

I would highly consider a woofer and suggest adding a 3rd pair of cabin speakers. The Syn-DX6 would deliver the same wattage to 3 pair of cabin speakers as the HTX-4 will deliver to two pair, plus up to 600W rms to a 4 ohm woofer.

I have the S-bend on my Mojo.

MLA is correct. Add the Bow speakers and have 6 in-cabin speakers.
    Woofers are your choice. I built a sealed box and mounted a 12" under the helm.

I have the roswell swivels on the side of my S bend still and also have Rev8 hanging at the top. We surf and the Rev8 don't sound great. When on a longer rope the Rev8 are nice. All opinion here but loud music gets me dirty looks way more than my wake. I guess the no ones likes my kids choice in music (10 and 8 girls)....lol
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by hguerard View Post
    I have a Craz 2016 with the wonderful S-bend tower. The boat came with 4 tower speaker but .. when you turn the music up, you can tell those bad boys are Roswell 7 inch. I started to do more wakeboard and I can't hear anything!

Its been 2 years I am looking to upgrade and this summer is the day!
    Go Big. You will not regret it. Going from an OK system to a great system is one areas you feel your money went to a good place. Think about how much it gets used not matter what you are doing on the boat.

Make sure you have a few good batteries and an onboard smart charger when not in use. Makes life easier all summer.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400