Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2023 Boat Shows

The 400/1.76/16x13.9 prop goes a long way.

It pulled 100% ballast wakeboarding with 3 crew and 700# lead in an SA. It was just a test and it did fine at 1000 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Thanks, that makes sense.

What motor? My SL 400 was MSRP 216k. That’s with most options except no thruster, and obviously the base 400 engine.
    I haven’t been to the dealer in a while but that’s shocking! 2023 must have had a huge price hike. 2022sl550 with every single box checked Dec 2021 purchase date was 230k msrp and 190 otd
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

I was supposed to get a 2022 but my build slot fell through. So I got one of the first 2023 slots. Did not change one box on the build and the MSRP for 2022 was 180k, MSRP 2023 216k.

I thought I read somewhere the 2023 has a different seat base, but I think the 2022 and 2023 are basically the same boat just price adjusted for cost of materials and inflation. Luckily, my dealer really took care of me to help with that model year price jump.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

I was supposed to get a 2022 but my build slot fell through. So I got one of the first 2023 slots. Did not change one box on the build and the MSRP for 2022 was 180k, MSRP 2023 216k.

I thought I read somewhere the 2023 has a different seat base, but I think the 2022 and 2023 are basically the same boat just price adjusted for cost of materials and inflation. Luckily, my dealer really took care of me to help with that model year price jump.
    Not trying to beat a dead horse.....but how are those taxes doing?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Paid in full. We are actually moving our primary address this summer. Just waiting on the construction of our building. This should help lower the millage rate a little bit. And the boat value should depreciate next year. I'm also trying to look into other options, but many of them were in the grey area and I would prefer not to get into grey area when it comes to taxes.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Paid in full. We are actually moving our primary address this summer. Just waiting on the construction of our building. This should help lower the millage rate a little bit. And the boat value should depreciate next year. I'm also trying to look into other options, but many of them were in the grey area and I would prefer not to get into grey area when it comes to taxes.
    What are you looking into?

Crazy I saw on the FB group a new Max listed at $113k. They were $60k just a few years ago at the 2018 boat show. Not a whole lot has changed with the boat aside from new dash and more ballast in 2020. There is not nearly double the boat cost in features or material costs. Just insane but hopefully this keeps the value good on the used boats. Glad I got in when I did because no way I’d be paying these prices for the “budget line” of Skiers Choice or any other brands really.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

haknslash. on the bright side if you need to sell your boat, you could probably list it for at least what you paid for it. I agree with you though, I don't see enough changes that justify the price increase over the past ~5 years or so. Look at a lot of my other posts and I really blame the loan term length (20 years) and low interest rates for the price jumps. I was on a fishing charter the other day and our guide was talking about how a couple came into the boat show and looked at one boat that was too expensive, but when they saw the other boat's monthly payment they bought that one instead. The boat they bought was more expensive than the one they thought was too expensive. I ran into this car shopping the past few times I have gone. Everyone seems to want to sell monthly payment and not total price.
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

haknslash. on the bright side if you need to sell your boat, you could probably list it for at least what you paid for it. I agree with you though, I don't see enough changes that justify the price increase over the past ~5 years or so. Look at a lot of my other posts and I really blame the loan term length (20 years) and low interest rates for the price jumps. I was on a fishing charter the other day and our guide was talking about how a couple came into the boat show and looked at one boat that was too expensive, but when they saw the other boat's monthly payment they bought that one instead. The boat they bought was more expensive than the one they thought was too expensive. I ran into this car shopping the past few times I have gone. Everyone seems to want to sell monthly payment and not total price.
    I blame inflation, everything costs more. The past 2 years have each seen 7-9%, means things cost more and your income likely isn't keeping up with inflation.

I also believe the OEM's business model is keep MSRP's going up to keep used prices up enough so people can sell their used boat and not be upside down. This will entice people to keep buying new boats every couple years.

The 20 year loans at 3.5% from a couple years ago are a no brainer. Allows you to treat a boat like a lease or give you Uber flexibility on how you choose to pay it off. Win win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan