Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Boat Shows

20 year financing has been around on bass boats for a long time. I know a few people around here that bought 70 thousand dollar bass boats 10 and 15 years ago, which was crazy high back then, and stretched out the payments like that to make it affordable for them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post

When did 20 year financing become a thing for rec boats? My guess is 5 years ago it was not nearly available as it is now.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Good question.
    2018 Supra SL400

We took a 20 yr at 4% on our Max with 20%+ down. Main reason was to keep the payment lower so my wife wouldn’t get pissed I spent so much on a new boat. …I just told her the monthly payment, not the exact purchase price.

That being said, we make double/triple payments each month to pay it off quicker..
    2021 Moomba Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Warranty is the only thing I can think of. If you buy new and plan on selling the boat in a few years, your warranty will transfer. If you buy a used one, you are the second owner, and any warranty will not transfer to the third owner.

The SL had the redo in 2022, so the hull or ballast is not different in 2023. Sometimes there might be computer changes (if necessary).
    The 2023 SL 400 we saw at a boat show was $219,970 msrp loaded out with stern turn, after discounts $184,450 with a 7 year power rain warranty, transferable. 2023 SE 450 was $237,140, after discounts $198,170 loaded out, with 7 year warranty. Side note, both sold at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Prices are really high, but what stands out is dealers are FULL of inventory and offering “boat show” discounts.

Been a couple years since dealers had inventory.

I can tell you this, according to the dealer I spoke with anyway, all of the moomba Makai 2023 build slots are sold out. If you want a custom boat, you’ll have to wait for a 2024 model, delivery in August 2023. If it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    agree 100%.
    OI has gone up another 10% in the last 3 weeks and 2023 listings did as well. another interest rate hike next week should push loan rates a tick higher again.
    all indicators are suggesting a market slowdown has started which will drive production cuts and larger discounts off msrp. I bet most boat builders have already talked production cuts in their staff meetings.

if I were in the market for a boat today, I'd sit out until august and see what happens. rent one several times during the summer instead of making payments. I think someone could save 10's of thousands...

housing and car prices have already started to drop.
    As of today, 4,349 posts for sale on OI, still climbing

Man! That price gap between Moomba and Supra seems to just keep growing! Sux!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    We took a 20 yr at 4% on our Max with 20%+ down. Main reason was to keep the payment lower so my wife wouldn’t get pissed I spent so much on a new boat. …I just told her the monthly payment, not the exact purchase price.

That being said, we make double/triple payments each month to pay it off quicker..
    When was this and with what lender? If you don’t mind my asking

2018 Supra SL400