Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Boat Shows

Disappointing behavior from Tommy’s guy. To say one is better etc just shows real life ignorance. Different yes. Better ehhh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Disappointing behavior from Tommy’s guy. To say one is better etc just shows real life ignorance. Different yes. Better ehhh…

Take it with a grain of salt, just a sales guy doing whatever it takes. Tommy's is a massive dealer chain and the one by me behaves the same way. Only reason I step foot in that place is the pro shop is best one around.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt, just a sales guy doing whatever it takes. Tommy's is a massive dealer chain and the one by me behaves the same way. Only reason I step foot in that place is the pro shop is best one around.

What's funny is the Tommy's in Chattanooga sells Supra/Moomba, lol..def just sales guys doing sales guy things
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I was a sales manager back in the day at circuit city. we were INGRAINED that you NEVER disparage another vendor/product. if you can't sell on why our product was better by showing features/advantages/benefits then you were canned. bashing others is a sign of a $hitty salesman that doesn't know the business/competition.... if you know what you are selling and are the subject-matter-expert as you should be, you know why yours is better and you can point out why the moomba they are sitting in is better than the axis without saying axis is garbage. axis does have benefits over moomba and vice versa.

my opinion but I've walked off car lots when a salesman starts down that path. I have come back later to see a different salesman.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Last time I was in Tommy's, I had a Supra hat on. Sales guy asked if I was ready to buy a real boat......

Just laughed it off. No biggie.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I was a sales manager back in the day at circuit city. we were INGRAINED that you NEVER disparage another vendor/product. if you can't sell on why our product was better by showing features/advantages/benefits then you were canned. bashing others is a sign of a $hitty salesman that doesn't know the business/competition.... if you know what you are selling and are the subject-matter-expert as you should be, you know why yours is better and you can point out why the moomba they are sitting in is better than the axis without saying axis is garbage. axis does have benefits over moomba and vice versa.

my opinion but I've walked off car lots when a salesman starts down that path. I have come back later to see a different salesman.
    The part about "being a subject matter expert on what you are selling" is often lost on most car salesmen. I can't tell you how many times I have known more, much more, about vehicle features than most of the saleamen I have spoken with. I have not talked with too many boat salesmen, but the few I have seem to be knowledgeable. If my job was to sell trucks, cars, boats or whatever, you bet I will know everything there is about it. That's a pet peave of mine when the salesman doesn't understand what he is selling.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I am with sandm on this one. I am walking out or I might laugh in their face. They obviously wanted a reaction so I can offer one up. Might end up buying that brand but from someone else for sure. We are talking about expensive purchases and to knock someone’s decision…basically call their baby ugly….nope.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    What's funny is the Tommy's in Chattanooga sells Supra/Moomba, lol..def just sales guys doing sales guy things
    Tommy's is no longer the Chattanooga dealer. Skiers Marine is the dealer now.

I was at the Knoxville show in Premier's booth and we heard the Tommy's guys talking about our boats. Let's just say we don't go that route and aren't worried about anyone who does...

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Tommy's is no longer the Chattanooga dealer. Skiers Marine is the dealer now.

I was at the Knoxville show in Premier's booth and we heard the Tommy's guys talking about our boats. Let's just say we don't go that route and aren't worried about anyone who does...
    Right on, didn't realize you guys had changed the dealer. You only talk smack when you're scared and needing to make a sale
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default 2023 Boat Shows

The fact that SC replaced Tommy's says a lot.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 03-09-2023 at 06:20 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan